is it just my car wich has no spool sound??

MAD_MO

Member +
easy now guys. why is it that my turbo doesnt make any spooling sound at all? ive sat in a few gts/glanzas and they make an awesome swooshing sound when spooling but mine doesnt do fuck all. I have a decat and a ported mani. the turbo is a hybrid ct12 also have a closed trd air filter. how do i get the spooling sound cos i love it!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Front mount intercooler Amplifies the sounds, It' acts like a Resonance Chamber

Last edited:

MAD_MO

Member +
wicked. anyone know why it only works with the panel taken out or with an open air induction kit?

keirz

Member +
you can here my car spool very loud. and mine is completely standard with standard filter. sounds like a space ship!

MAD_MO

Member +
right then ive taken out my panel filer and put some meshing over the inlet box. i still dont have any spool up sound. just abit of turbo chatter. anyone got any more ideas? i dont realy want to get an induction kit because it will just suck in warm air:(

DWB

Member +
can u not put on an induction kit and take a cold feed from a vent round ur front bumper up to the filter? just an idea

TurboDave

Member +
right then ive taken out my panel filer and put some meshing over the inlet box. i still dont have any spool up sound. just abit of turbo chatter. anyone got any more ideas? i dont realy want to get an induction kit because it will just suck in warm air:(

It is impossible to get any tidy power with the standard efi pipe anyway so you will be 110% better off relocating the filter first as last and getting rid of the efi pipe.

TurboDave

Member +
Do you have aircon?

Its easily enough done all you need is a 90 degree samco bend to come straight off the turbo and into the bumper you can get small filters off ebay cheap or from your local motor factors I only paid about 25 quid for my filter.

MAD_MO

Member +
yeah i do have air con but im looking into getting it removed because its empty! would any shitty air filter work? cant u just cut my efi pipe and use that 90 degree bend to relocate the filter?

MAD_MO

Member +
not got a clue boss. someone must know because alot of them have relocated their filters. hang on and ill try finding out for ya!