Is your heating OK? when it's freeezing cold outside!

Paul_JJ

Member +
It takes ages for my car to warm it up inside - about 10 miles at least - the engine temperature is ok, but it's pretty cold inside, even though I can feel the warm air.

My old starlet used to warm up in minutes - 4 min max.......

Drove 15 miles the other day - opened the bonnet afterwards touched the radiator and it was slightly warm, normally it's hot! On the other hand if my thermostat failed I would have no heating at all...

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Mine's ok, just a few mile's an it starts to warm, but atm im lettin it run for 5 - 10 mins befor i go anywhere...

Ben89

Lifer
Mines been fine, when was the last time the stat was changed? Have you changed the coolant recently? Possible air lock? Also worth making sure your fan is rotating correctly ie the bearings haven't tightened up causing it spin slowly?

kilo

Member +
mine always took ages, and i felt so bad for my neighbours i decied not to let it run at 5.30 in the mornig i just poped my head out the window when i couldnt see....picture dumb and dumber when they are on the bike...yip that was me lol. better than them hearing baaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww in the morning lol

Stulet-GTT

Member +
mine always took ages, and i felt so bad for my neighbours i decied not to let it run at 5.30 in the mornig i just poped my head out the window when i couldnt see....picture dumb and dumber when they are on the bike...yip that was me lol. better than them hearing baaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww in the morning lol

I use to do the same but 6.30, an it use to echo around the house's an lights would start to come on..:haha: think i was like an alarm clock for alot of people...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh sounds like stu's going to work, must be time to get up...:haha:

kilo

Member +
when i lived in my old house it was more enclosed, the woman next to me had said to me one afternoon.... "oh, have you got a new job?" i said aye.... (puzzled) and she said, "i thought so i heard you going eary this morning...is this my new time to get up?" honestly all i could do was go red lol, she took it in good spirit and had a bit of a joke about it, but still lol

kilo

Member +
i think i should get 1 anyway, prob dont need 1 but like to know what when in my car and when. difference in mine is that, as you seen in jays aidan. mines stripped so will be harder to heat

Paul_JJ

Member +
when i lived in my old house it was more enclosed, the woman next to me had said to me one afternoon.... "oh, have you got a new job?" i said aye.... (puzzled) and she said, "i thought so i heard you going eary this morning...is this my new time to get up?" honestly all i could do was go red lol, she took it in good spirit and had a bit of a joke about it, but still lol

You made my day! Brilliant!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Mines been fine, when was the last time the stat was changed? Have you changed the coolant recently? Possible air lock? Also worth making sure your fan is rotating correctly ie the bearings haven't tightened up causing it spin slowly?

How to get rid of the air lock? I believe the coolant has been changed when I bought the car in March, it is light red without any deposits and I tested it and it showed that it's ok till -37C - so the concentration is the best possible!

How do I check the fan? It seem to be working OK, pretty fast for me!

But I was thinking about the thermostat as well! Those tight c**ts at the SVA Imports didn't change that (which should've been changed at the 60K Full service, no question),
Would you recommend a standard one or is the TRD any better? Does TRD open at 70C or something like that? I think the standard one is 82C isnt it?

Mark-ep91

Member +
what i usually do is press the heat to circulate it around the inside so i heat up that air instead of taking in cold air seems to heat up after bout 2miles id say

Paul_JJ

Member +
what i usually do is press the heat to circulate it around the inside so i heat up that air instead of taking in cold air seems to heat up after bout 2miles id say

Is it the function which makes a lot more noise? Doesn't do anything on mine, apart from the noise! The thermostat needs changing I believe!

iamlegend

Member +
2 cheap and free things to do which help alot or actually solve the issue!

1. take the rad cap off,start the car let it warm up that will free any air blocks in the system then when the car is warmed up top your coolant up and put the rad cap back on.
2. like said new thermostat remember how old the thermo will be in your car so get it changed cheap and easy thing to do so ......

aye did this and it help alot!