Jam ecu+hks fcd

fergalb

Member +
well lads whats happening? just wondering does any one know what boost can i run safely on the jam ecu by itself.. i have no fuelling mods in the car but i have a fpr and fcd to go in, but this week i am fitting my hks actuator and decat and turning up the boost,. can anyone tell me if they are needed?
(really sorry if this has been covered before)

fergalb

Member +
yeah it is on the standard ct9 lad, but do you know what boost level would be safe, but could i fit the fcd if wanted, it wouldnt mess with the map sencor due to the jam ecu:confused:

boostup

Member +
make sure u have an fmic and uprated/ported mani and you should be abt to run a bar safely but just incase get ur fueling checked on rollers

kieran.s gt

Member +
why would you want an fcd fitted with a jam ecu
jam ecu removes fuel cut
1 bar with the jam should be alright but should getting the fueling checked just to be safe

fergalb

Member +
make sure u have an fmic and uprated/ported mani and you should be abt to run a bar safely but just incase get ur fueling checked on rollers

sound out lad, yeah i have a fmic, but standard mani. so all is good thanks a million lads, rep added lads..

that was just out of interest keiran, like if an fcd was fitted prior to the jam ecu would it make a differance or would ya have to remove the fcd? just purely out interest lad..

kieran.s gt

Member +
sound out lad, yeah i have a fmic, but standard mani. so all is good thanks a million lads, rep added lads..

that was just out of interest keiran, like if an fcd was fitted prior to the jam ecu would it make a differance or would ya have to remove the fcd? just purely out interest lad..

if the hks fcd was fitted on standard ecu remove it it will be running lean with no fueling mods but with the jam ecu you don't need an fcd

MentaLEP91

Member +
also uprate the manifold or else dont run above 0.8bar.

std manifold has a restriction on the third runner that will damage your engine if u turn the boost on

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would fit a rrfpr if you already have one to fit. allows some tweaks to be made as the jam ecu is unlikely to be spot on ;)

sell the fcd and put the money towards a manifold then you can turn the boost up to 1 bar.

get the car checked on the rollers though ;)

Jay

Admin
No-one on here can guess the answer for you mate. Get the car setup with a wideband to measure the fuelling. Then you will know for sure.