Jam FCC setup / adjustment help

akyakapotter

Member +
Hi all dose anybody no how to properly set these up / ajust. I know there a clamp type fuel cut controller so need to no when to clam the signal. Im still struggling to get my AFR''S to where I want them I've replaced fuel pump fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter. So must be down to this dam FCC please help cheers nick.

dac69er

Super Moderator
it just clamps the signal. if it is stopping you hitting fuel cut then it is fine. i think it can be adjusted with the pot inside the unit.

what is your issue with the afr's? it will be exactly as stock until it goes past the clamp point where it would tend to lean off.

dac69er

Super Moderator
and what do you get if you increase the fuel pressure? what fuel pressure are you running at the moment?

dac69er

Super Moderator
it could be clamping it early, what afr do you get at around 3 bar fuel pressure?

you can rig up a foot pump to the map sensor and measure the pim voltage to see at what pressure it clamps the voltage. you ideally want it as close to fuel cut as you can.

akyakapotter

Member +
Could you explain that a bit better and I'll try that mate the FCC is wired direct to the ecu I'll put it at 3 bar and let you no the results in 10 mins

dac69er

Super Moderator
so with lower fuel pressure you are getting richer afr's on boost????? that doesnt seem to make much sense!?!?

measure the voltage when at full boost going to the ecu from he fcd. i cant remember the colours, but its the wire that has been cut and one wire goes to the fcd and the other from the fcd to the ecu.

akyakapotter

Member +
Ok I'll dig out the multi meter what kind of readings should I be getting ? What voltage is fuel cut ? Tell me about it surely more fuel pressure should mean richer afrs was poping and banging quite a bit when i went out just now. I'm seriously thinking about takin the trip to td when I get paid for an emb this is doing my nut in now lol

akyakapotter

Member +
Hi mate so I been out with the multi meter full boost with boost at 0.84 I got a reading of 4.16 volts and when I changed it to 1bar I got 4.33 volts just realised I had meter on the wrong bloody wire haha I'll do it again on the way to work on the right one this time lmao

Last edited:

triple j

Member +
a handy option would be an apexi safc, set your base pressure with the fpr then trim it down nice wit the safc, just an idea from me.

akyakapotter

Member +
a handy option would be an apexi safc, set your base pressure with the fpr then trim it down nice wit the safc, just an idea from me.

Cheers for the input dude I just wanna get it right for the time being till I get an emb fitted and mapped jam FCC = pain in the ass lol

akyakapotter

Member +
Managed to get the voltage to 4.0v that's as far as it wants to go afr's of 16.1 on idle :-s and manage to get 10.1 full boost will have a bit more of a mess see if I can get the idle afr to around 14 there's always hoping.

Jay

Admin
Idle sounds fine in the 16's mate. Wouldn't bother me TBH. 10's are a little rich at WOT though.

Jay