job help needed

Cooch

Member +
Im in a job i currently HATE! Was planning on making a move soonish but now its gona have to be sooner than i thought as ive been refused my holiday in May. I know at the end of the day its a job and im lucky to have one in today climate but i cant stand the people i work for/with and i need to get out as its causing stress and arguements and im really unhappy. Im a qualified mechanic (level 3 nvq) and also have an MOT testers licence. Any help would be much appreciated even if its just pointing me in the right direction of a job hunting website. Ive been thinking of setting up on my own aswell but not so sure its a wise move with things the way they are. Thanks in advance.

JC

MAD_MO

Member +
not pissing on your bonfire mate but if u was in leeds i would have most likely had you a job as an mot tester as my uncles just opened his new garage and the owner of the old one is looking for someone. Shit innit

Cooch

Member +
Lol its always the way. Thanks Mo. Shame i dont live in Leeds.

Thanks Starlet. Had a look at some of those already but will try the mechanicsrus one.

stuart

Member +
Not sounding harsh mate, but tbh with the way things are at the moment I'd bite your tongue and stick at the current job. I got made redundant in November last year, and people who are more qualified and experienced that me are still looking for jobs, even now. I mean you can obviously search for jobs and go for interviews, but don't leave your current one until you know for certain that you've got another job to goto. Also theres that old saying last in, first out - If you goto a new place and conditions in the UK get worse... Not putting you off but its getting bad :( - Up my end, instead of say 15 people applying for 1 position, its now 40-50.. :(

JGT

Member +
James, when things got like that for me it meant i needed a holiday, obviously you tried to get some but it was refused.. Why not just go travelling? Sell up and go see some of the world for a year or so. Maybe by then the economy will have picked up, or you'l get lucky and not have to come back. I dont know your complete situation but you know me and i'm always somewhere different and i've never looked back living that way. Not for everyone though.. :)

If thats not for you, as mentioned i'd stick with what you got for just that bit longer until you find something to suit you. Surely if you get a chance to have an interview on the occassion you could always pull a sicky or 2 to go to the interviews.

Good luck anyways, Jay

Cooch

Member +
Wise words Stuart. Thanks.

Cheers Jay. Your right i'd love to but i'd be leaving a lot behind. Im spose to be getting my own place at the end of the year. Its so hard to decide what to do.

Thanks Ricky. Muchly appreciated.

Durmz, i currently work in Benfleet at the moment doing motorsports (cant say to much or be too specific just incase) wherebouts in Chelmsford are you? Unfortunatly i no longer own a Starbo and My Rx-7 s off the road so im Japless!