just how reliable???

craig_94

Fresh Recruit
the thread i made about buying a glanza asked a number of q's. now a straight up question, how reliable is a glanza going to be with 60k on the clock???? how will i know of the clutch is knakered???

TurboDave

Member +
The clutch will be the same as every other car, slipping while accellarating in high gears.

As for reliability as long as it is standard'ish and un-abused it should be very reliable as long as you take care of it.

dantheman

Member +
gotta say the starbo is one of the most reliable turbo cars ive owned. my girlfriends ep82 has done around 80k and runs mint. hasnt had much go wrong touch wood :p

clutches are usually good when standard on that mileage, its turning the boost up that kills them (original clutch)

Rick

Trader
I've had mine for 8 years from 40,000 miles and it now has 124,000 miles and it has not let me down once. Granted I have looked after it though but Toyota engines will easily go for 200,000 miles if looked after.

Sigma

Member +
Toyota like to make their engines reliable. Only thing that generally goes are clutches, but the're a wearing part.

I've only had mine for 4 months, but it's had 7,000 miles put on it, and it hasn't failed mechanically.

Did destroy a TRD clutch though :p

craig_94

Fresh Recruit
thanks to all you guys!!!!!

i am now a proud owner of a glanza v!!!!!! oh right.
picked it up very cheap for what it was. so happy days!!!

c3dpo

Member +
glad I found this post, I am up to around 156,000 miles, and was getting worried that I need to rebuild it.

Time for a full service again though

Timmy

Member +
60k is nothing for these engines tho as they get old the turbo seals are likely to fail and the crank seals will probably leak.