Knock noise at idle

Rev

Member +
I have noticed a lot of ' tinny ' high frequency sound coming from the top of the engine
at idle is this knock ? I show a lot of knock below 950 rpm when engine is rough but knock is gone by 1300rpm on safc2 when I rev the engine.

I have been ignoring this but could do with some ideas should mention I do use a bit of oil.

Jay

Admin
Knock at idle isn't all that important, when it's on load that's where the trouble starts lol.

Rev

Member +
Thanks for that reassurance Jay . I have a been enjoying the car lately don't need too much trouble at the moment. I will ignore it a little longer and try some timing adjustment a bit later down the track.

Rev

Member +
Update - Well, checked the oil it was at 1/3 looks like adding some heat and piston rattle.
Never usually go that low. Forced me to do a quick fix by turning down the idle and adding the same fuel back again with the safc2. Knock ended at 1350 rpm but now seems good at 1150 rpm. Much better but still work to do. The good news is looks like the idle has plenty to reduce so I can try some bigger injectors and find the limits .

Last edited: