Knocking sound

xxjack189

Member +
I notice a knocking or rattling sound coming from somewhere in the engine usually when releasing the clutch from changing gears, sometimes when just driving. but never oni idle. any ideas? :confused:

dac69er

Super Moderator
can you explain a bit more mate?

sounds very much like it could the engine mounts or exhaust knocking on something.

xxjack189

Member +
when i put the car in first in first and start releasing the clutch to take off i hear this knocking sound,m its not very loud. but noticeable it stops then when the clutch is fully released. then when i put it in second and if i slowly release the clutch ill hear the knocking again.

xxjack189

Member +
Its stops when the clutch is let up. Though sometimes rarely i hear it even when the clutch is up. U reckon its just something loose knocking around?

RS-Ronan

Member +
i'm having the very same problem but i noticed its only in 2nd gear is happens.maybe 3 kinda taps/knocks and then nothing!!

corofin12345

Member +
one of heat shields around exhaust id say, i was constantaly adjusting my exhaust because of this.. metalic rattle..? jack her up (excuse the pun) and give the exhaust a good thug and if it is the exhaust ull pinpoint the trouble area.. check back engine mount also