Launch Control

stuart

Member +
Hi guys, am looking for a kind of launch control, more of a 'power builder' really. Similar to Bee*R but I think Omex do one? But not 100% sure on the differences of single coil and twin coil?
Also heard of a 2 step one too?

Any of you guys using something different to Bee*R but one that is not incorperated into the ECU, such as EMU etc.

Cheers,
~ Stu :freddy:

GTWorld

Member +
I know with the EMB you can just get launch controll programmed in... speak to abbott thats hows his is!!

stuart

Member +
Yes I know you can get it with standalone/piggy back ECU's, I'm looking for something different to wire into the existing standard ECU.

is that meant to read but "not" one that is incooperated into the ecu?

Phil

Yep, that's what I put

Glanza_cl

Member +
yeah omex make a good one and is usually recommended over the bee-r as it doesn't just cut the ignition iirc? bee-r is good for loud pops and flames but doesn't do much good engine wise, the omex you can wire up to the handbrake i think, meaning it engages with the handbrake up you can build the boost upto the preset rpm then when you disengage the handbrake it will launch from the desired rpm but also keep thats gears full rpm rather then limit it.

i dont no a great deal about it but there are people running them on here, they will be able to give you more in depth details :)

stuart

Member +
yeah omex make a good one and is usually recommended over the bee-r as it doesn't just cut the ignition iirc? bee-r is good for loud pops and flames but doesn't do much good engine wise, the omex you can wire up to the handbrake i think, meaning it engages with the handbrake up you can build the boost upto the preset rpm then when you disengage the handbrake it will launch from the desired rpm but also keep thats gears full rpm rather then limit it.

i dont no a great deal about it but there are people running them on here, they will be able to give you more in depth details :)

Hopefully mate. The Bee*R's seem over priced compared to the Omex one, but looking for something different in the meantime. :)

Sparky

Member +
I was gonna post a Omex Vs BeeR thread just now :p

I am also looking into lauch control.

Intrigued about the Launch control on EMB, anyone shed any light? My car is at the mappers now, and may aswell have it done now

RobSR

Member +
I was gonna post a Omex Vs BeeR thread just now :p

I am also looking into lauch control.

Intrigued about the Launch control on EMB, anyone shed any light? My car is at the mappers now, and may aswell have it done now

EMB's dont have lauch control mate, only EMU's ;)

I dont know how the omex ones work, but after owning and finding out how a bee*r one works, id never put it anywhere near a car..basically just scrambles ingnition signals, randomly cuts it, and then re-sparks anywhere in the cycle..not good.

IMO if you want it, do it properly, and get an ecu that can do it.

about 2-step, its just means "2 step rev limit" so basically, you have 2 limiters in your rev range, one when its engaged i.e 3k, and your topend limiter 7.2 k etc,

Sparky

Member +
I thought the Blue didnt have it but someone above mentioned it :shoot:

Gonna do a search for Omex's now, they are pretty big in the ECU world so would imagine their launch control is pretty good

GTdan

In The Closet
I thought the Blue didnt have it but someone above mentioned it :shoot:

yeah, they were wrong - only possible on EMU.

be good hearing about omex ones - sure alot of people would be interested in this, espeically if its
a)cheaper
b)safer

lleey2k4

Member +
Sorry for being a total noob about these but is the EMU launch control safe(r) than the bee*r then?

Is the Omex a piggyback with launch control or does it plug into your existing ECU?