Leaking FPR: Whats the bottom hose!?

Fro

Member +
Found what seems to be an air leak coming from the bottom hose on my fpr, is this just a vacuum hose? The hose one on the front goes to the inlet mani, the one on the back goes to the fuel rail and this one goes to some kind of metal pipe that runs past the canister that's on the bulkhead.
No fluid coming out it as far as I can make out.

My car has sometimes been running lean on idle and the fuel pressure reading low but only sometimes, seems not too bad when driving, hoping this is the cause!

steveatyork

Member +
if its a similar setup to mine it will be the fuel return hose.which goes back to the tank,and if it is the return hose i cant see this been the cause of your lean afr

Fro

Member +
Thanks for that Kon.

if its a similar setup to mine it will be the fuel return hose.which goes back to the tank,and if it is the return hose i cant see this been the cause of your lean afr

I didn't think so either but didn't know if it could somehow assist in the loss of pressure.

Chopped off the bit I thought was leaking but can still hear a hiss from that area but it's dry. Going to see Mark@CMB tomorrow so will nip his head about it!

It's strange that it's only really on idle and at low revs when I start driving, then it will sort itself out and only happens every now and then.

Im temporarily Running my td04 on standard ecu and injectors at circa 3.2 bar, though when this fault happens it drops to around 2.2/2.4 and afr's around 16/17+

Last edited:

stuarty1

Member +
get a new hose mate and hose clip nip it all dwn and is there any bolts on the fpr if so nip them all dwn and c wat happens just tighten every bolt on it like rail adaptor. guage ect

Fro

Member +
get a new hose mate and hose clip nip it all dwn and is there any bolts on the fpr if so nip them all dwn and c wat happens just tighten every bolt on it like rail adaptor. guage ect

Aye, was thinking about moving my FPR to the other side of the engine bay so would do all that in the process.

Cheers