Leaking Oil From Gearbox?

domglanzaturbo

Member +
Hi,

Just a quick question, my gearbox has started to leak oil on my Glanza? I'm guessing it could be the seals!

Is there anything else that could cause the gearbox to leak?

Cheers
Dom

danturbo4311

Member +
where on the gearbox is the oil leaking from, i.e. driveshaft area, from the bottom of the gearbox, could be rear crank seal

jay-glanza-v

Fresh Recruit
rear main oil (crank) seal is very common mate also the sump sumtimes laeaks on the gearbox side and looks like its coming rom the box! (with both of these it would be engine oil) or if its gear oil coming from the bellhousing side of the box it will be the inputshaft ouil seal. hope this helps.
pm me if ya need any info or owt mate.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
it'll most likely be the driveshaft seal, mine is doing this, looks like it's leaking from the bottom of the box but it's actually the n/s driveshaft seal and the oil is running down.

WhiteKitted

Fresh Recruit
it'll most likely be the driveshaft seal, mine is doing this, looks like it's leaking from the bottom of the box but it's actually the n/s driveshaft seal and the oil is running down.

yep thats the case most likely i have the same problem right now..how did u guys solve this?what do i need to change or fix?