lil vid of side exit run

sgtturbo

Member +
Hey ppl just sorted out a few things on my car like fueling and just let my friend take it for a little run so i could listen to my car.
Let me no what you think.

turbo-fever

Member +
wats up dude? looks like the cars runnin ok, it looks rapid in that video will have to give u a rematch at sum point lol

jarbo

Member +
awesome vid; mint black and white starlets there also. nice and burbly .. sounds ace, but, theoretically the car should lose torque down low because there's no back pressure in the exhaust.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
that does sound very nice......

im slowly getting tempted with the idea.....

PS... looks pretty fast too mate :)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
im not so keen on them tbh but all to there own.

think it just sounds a bit too rusky if you get more no real waaaaaaab to it just brrrrrrrrrr

sgtturbo

Member +
lol, cheers guys. It does spool up alot faster comp to my other mates gt's.
mods;
rrfpr
de-cat
front exit exhaust
hks actuator
front mount intercooler
front mount air filter
oil catch can
few other lil mods

Monkfish

Member +
...theoretically the car should lose torque down low because there's no back pressure in the exhaust.

Wrong. Back pressure is needed by the engine and is provided to it by the turbo. The exhaust length doesn't matter provided the bore is right to give the best flow rate. A side exit will be better than a rear as the bore can be kept at a smaller size than a full system meaning the exhaust gasses leave hotter and and faster. A side exit will also belch out a shit load of flame :p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Wrong. Back pressure is needed by the engine and is provided to it by the turbo. The exhaust length doesn't matter provided the bore is right to give the best flow rate. A side exit will be better than a rear as the bore can be kept at a smaller size than a full system meaning the exhaust gasses leave hotter and and faster. A side exit will also belch out a shit load of flame :p

see its stuff like this that just makes me NEED ONE!!!! stop it monkfish!