Longitudinal mounted 4e - mounts

monka

Member +
any one on here mounted a 4e/5e long ways in a rwd car? just a little idea i had for the volvo, as far as tuning for them goes you can put in the 16v lumps as a direct swap and get 130ish bhp,

but i thought i'd see about sticking a starlet lump in. any one know about making up mounts to go on the side? is there even anywhere on the 4e block to put a mount for a longitudinal mount?

also, how many splines on a 4e clutch are there?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
yes, we have a member from NZ that has done one..

iirc he used a supra gbox, & an ae86 rear end.. not sure about the guardian shaft etc.. it was done in a kp60

kon

Fatman

Member +
LOT of hassle for no gains? If you're keen on a Toyota motor then make the jump to a 4age. Better all round really. Swap from fwd to rwd has been covered x1 meelion for the various 4ages and you have many options for gearbox selection.

T50/W55/W58 etc all have off the shelf options (or come standard) with A series bellhousings.

Buy a silvertop 20v, add thick head gasket, add turbo setup and standalone ECU and tune for 0.7bar and you'll be making plenty of power.

Or buy a 4agze, remove supercharger, add turbo and ECU and tune for 1.5bar, have even more power :D