Member +

I like the way it says "road legal" on the pump! lol

anyone wana guess the price per litre? :p

Somhairle

Lifer
2.50 or 3 quid or something isn't it?

Fuck that!

I'll stick to ultimate regular!

Surely that fuel would play havoc for the map of the ECU......

MJA

Member +
think it was £2.48 per litre

it says race fuel somewhere on the pump

from looking at the pump i think you have to pay for it before you fill up as well

Apparantly they did a test on TV a while ago using two Skoda Octavia VRS's, one using 95 and one using 102 and there was over 40 bhp difference?? surely the one using 102 would need a re-map on a rolling road beforehand though??

MJA

Member +
ive seen that loads of times didnt realise its new?

I think it has been available for a while, i remember reading something about it in max power ages ago. that's the first time i have seen it on a forecourt, which was on the main road into Portsmouth city centre

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i only meant for a power run mate. should give the best results in theory.
i would give it a try anyway

But once mapped on a particular fuel then you really have to stay on that map as you could muck up the map... ruin your engine as its the wrong fuel different combustion..........

dac69er

Super Moderator
unlikely on a car that isnt super highly tuned mate. with the setup i have an ecu made out of resistors strung together with solder wire would run it fine :p

it wont do it no harm, im sure there will be a bit of leeway to allow the higher octane to produce good results as it should allow the ecu to advance timing a tad more and produce a bit more power!

99glanzav

Banned
why o why do they not have this in ireland:( we are stuck with shitty 95ron,if we had this race fuel i would only use 102ron on my car