loosing boost?

Rutger

Member +
hey guys and gals,

On my way home last night after college i noticed that when i boost it up in second gear it goes to normal boost pressure on the gauge and then drops to about .5 bar where it stays. it drops inbetween 3500 to 4000 revs and stays like that till redline. I am unsure why it is doing this and why it only does it in this gear.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rut

Dave.

Member +
Should do it in first gear too...

Have you bypased the low boost solenoid? ITs a 2 second job, and allows full boost in 1st and 2nd gear :) (normally low boost in 1st and 2nd to aid traction)

Dave

Rutger

Member +
yeah, i have the lightweight version what doesnt have the solinoid in the first place.
so its not that,,, i cant get my head round what it could be? i was thinking a leak somewer but then wouldnt it drop in every gear?

Rut

Dave.

Member +
If it was only in second then that is very strange indeed mate, i'm not sure at all then...

Hopefully someone else will cut in! Sorry I can't help more :p

Dave

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i dont think its anything to do with the boost solenoid to be honest, your boost is just tailing off @ higher revs.

i cant remember exactly wat to do to fix it but im sure the other lads will know exactly wat to do, there was a thread on it not so long ago i believe.

Rutger

Member +
i dont think its anything to do with the boost solenoid to be honest, your boost is just tailing off @ higher revs.

i cant remember exactly wat to do to fix it but im sure the other lads will know exactly wat to do, there was a thread on it not so long ago i believe.

yeah i understand where you are comming from and i also read some threads on it, but its only in second gear. i would understand if it was in all gears.

and Scooby-Modders,, no not yet, do you think this is the problem?

Thanks

Rut

Dave.

Member +
its usually a small boost leak, or the black pipe (the one with EFI written on it) that has you're air filter on it not sitting right and obstructing the turbo intake if it is in every gear.

It won't be the lack of an electronic boost controller, its just that some EBCs can limt boost in certain gears, so that *could* have been the problem :)

Dave

Rutger

Member +
o right thanks mate.

so do you think i should check the EFI pipe for leaks etc.
but say it does have a leak, surely it would loose boost in every gear? not just one gear, i cant understand that,,,

well im wanting to get an e-manage in the (near) future. so is there much point getting a EBC now?

Rut

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
oh, I was just clarifying what everyone meant mate, i'm still at a loss as to what it could be :(

Dave

Ted

Member +
just replied and hadnt read the thread right! second gear only is odd. could only be ecu if thats the case and theres no solenoid.

Last edited:

Rutger

Member +
hm,, it never used to do this tho.
only since about a week?

and i was driving it today, and it now drops of after 5000 rpm instead of 3500....

very strange!

Rut