Loss of all power at 5k rpm??

hubbygt

Member +
Weird one here, all boost rapidly drops off and then I cant even get any drive whatsoever. Checked for leaks on all intake and vaccum pipes but they all se fine. Also this has only happens since relocating the air filter to the front bumper. Car still seems fine up till 5krpm. Any ideas?

Phil

Super Moderator
the relocated filter might just be flowing free enough for fuel cut?

given that you driving a glanza, fuel cut is not really "smash your face off the steering" wheel stuff, so that loss of power could maybe be fuel cut.

no yes maybe?

Phil

hubbygt

Member +
The clutch only 6 months old and hasn't done many miles so I don't think it's the clutch. Plus it cut out last nite when it lost power and was a struggle to get started again. I'm running a Dastek Qchip piggyback so that removes the issue of fuel cut I think maybe? Thanks for the replys folks

Last edited:

hubbygt

Member +
All 3 times that it's done this there have been no lights showing on the dash it simply just dies?? I thought maybe it could be the filter getting too much flow of air so I taped up a 1/3 of it to restrict it a bit bit to no avail :(

I thought maybe it could be something sensor related maybe? Really stumped on this one :confused:

hubbygt

Member +
It's an uprated pump mate that was fitted in January aswell but I think it could be fueling related so I will check the pump and filter to begin with.

Glanza_cl

Member +
knock sensor?? but as above check the plugs and leads are ok aswell. is it only at 5k revs and no other time?... alternator maybe?

hubbygt

Member +
I will check the plugs as I checked the leads already. Yeah it's only at 5k rpm. Will also check alternator as it's an old unit. Also it let out a couple of puffs of oil smoke after the boost dropped off a few times bit never ever smokes at any other time. Using it as a daily drive at the minute so i'm gonna have to get it sorted asap. Can still drive I guess but it just need sorted

hubbygt

Member +
Well finally found the cause of the problem. The 90 bend of samco I was using to relocate the filter to behind the grille wad collapsing when at full boost and the fuelling was a bit out so had to get her mapped again. Done a compression test and came back a solid 145 accross all 4 cylinders. Picked her up today from being mapped and I can say it's finally finished....... for now anyway lol 212.7 atf 176 atw and 198.5 lbft. Plenty more to had out of the engine with a bigger turbo but this set up really does suit me down to the ground. I'm a happy lad today :)

hubbygt

Member +
@rory it was mapped at Dastek in dagetty bay. Always had good experiences there.
Cheers for the comments lads

hubbygt

Member +
You ain't pissing on anyone fire, it's a low compression forged engine. Don't see a problem with the figure at all imo