LSD and CAP Clutch installed!!! - First impressions!

lvaleiron

Member +
I finishied installing the TRD Helical LSD and CAP Clutch onto my car on the weekend, first time doing this kind of job, wasn't that bad at all :p. First impressions is that right now the clutch is juddering when coming out from a stop (is going to get better after the clutch bed in), also the clutch pedal is a bit heavier, that's because of the uprated pressure plate, or at least that is my guess. Driving normaly on town you cannot noticed the lsd, but after you get some speed you feel the car more planted in to the floor and cornering is better, anyway, i haven't given it full throttle yet, giving the clutch a few miles :). I'm very satisfied with the job my brother and i did, and i'm going to post a diy soon on how to install the lsd on a non lsd box the way i did it. :beer:

GTdan

In The Closet
they are good, ive had mine in for over a month, and the juddering has died down a bit, i dont know if its the clutch wearing in, or me getting use to a paddle clutch and a few more revs being applied - but very happy with it.
Went on launching practice sunday night for the first time - and was very happy!!

i told you that you would like the trd helical lsd........easy to drive...easy maintenance and u hardly know its there till u need it:rockon:

lvaleiron

Member +
Yeah, thanks a lot for the suggestion:rockon:!!! I reckon this is one of the best upgrades you can do to a ff car!

madman

Member +
sounds good but.... the diff makes an awesome difference its hard to believe it i still cant get over how its transformed the car... not had as much understeer on bends ar roundabouts...:drive:

Last edited:

fastglanza

Member +
paddle clutches just need getting used to by the driver...dont really need bedding in..Just a few quick hard launches and their ok.

its good to see CAP finally getting attention..few years ago no one wanted to try them..they are a great bargain vs. other brands