LSD? Launch skid mark picture!

WesSunday

Fresh Recruit
Hello TGTT!

So I did a launch a few days ago on my Glanza V and the skid marks I got are as below
e068f25b9f9c70ee31977d95854d3af8_zps478e2d79.jpg

Now I don't know much about LSDs but I've read that if skid marks are even, there is a high possibility of LSD? I also checked the engine bay card with all the numbers and it was written "C56 -02A" which I have also read that this means from factory it did not have an LSD right?

How could I find out whether or not I have an LSD for sure? Friends tell me to open the gearbox but I haven't done anything regarding dismantling big parts, only recently have I started to service our cars at home and also wiring up music systems lol! I'll get there someday hopefully :)

Any ideas TGTT?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4efteboost

Member +
jack your car up so both your front wheels are off the floor and turn one of them, if the opposite wheel is spinning in the same direction then you have an LSD.

5e colin

Member +
yup it has lsd if it wasnt then there only be 1 mark

by the way ur car needs way more power them lines are way to strait ha ha :)

rage

Lifer
Not true colin. I've made consistent double equel length skids without lsd. If the car is balanced and the grip on both sides is the same it is very possible. Put one wheel on grass and the other on the road and try a spin. Or alternatively rip open the box :)

ChrisD

Member +
If OEM lsd, there is an extra part on the drivers side of gearbox.

If aftermarket, then try jacking the car, but if torsen type then it will behave as open diff. when on air.

rage

Lifer
hence the 1 wheel in grass and floor it test.
if you still manage to pull a skid on the pavement while 1 is on grass: lsd

WesSunday

Fresh Recruit
@5e Colin haha yes I'm saving up to :)

@rage good to know! We just have dust here and no grass :( hahaha but I'll also try find places where I could try this :D

@ChrisD oh ok cool I'll jack the car up once she's back from her respray :)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WesSunday

Fresh Recruit
And so yesterday the car was jacked up and we decided to check the rotation of the wheels lol

When one is spun forward, the other also spins forward. LSD!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk