LSD Questions??

Benji91

Member +
Hey all,

Right i have never driven a car with a LSD before but i bought my galnza with a after market LSD in it (dont no which one tho), when i corner at low speeds with clunks really visiuosly and snatches and causes the car to judder. Sounds really nasty!

Is this normal?? Or could the diff be broken?

Also it seems to do it alot worse while turning right, and after i have been driving around for a while.

Could it be the wrong oil as it has not been long serviced before a bought it?

Thanks

oil is important to be the right one for an lsd unit, if i were you to be safe i will change the oil! clunking is normal on some lsd when turning but someone with lsd experience could tips you more on your request.

Stu-

Member +
I'm assuming its a clutch type LSD but it probably just means its got a tight preload. Try changing oil to some shockproof stuff, might help.

sanchez

Member +
Yeah the clunking noise is normal on the aftermarket diffs such as KAAZ, TRD, CUSCO etc mate, But yeah if in doubt give it some fresh gearbox differential oil see if you notice any improvements

Put some friction modifiers in when you change the oil or use kaaz's oil(which already has them) which you can get off iain@CRD also a clutch diff which you have needs diff oil changed every 5-10k km

The diff works by using a series of friction plates which rub off each other and can cause bits of metal to get into the oil, they can also become shaged and the diff may need rebuilt every 60k or so.

Dave@tmdevelopments had some good results with friction modifiers using a cusco diff I think you could get onto him and see about getting some.

Benji91

Member +
Thanks for the input guys rep addded,

yeah i am going to order some of that kaaz lsd oil and change it this week as i have done 3500miles since i bought it so probs about time. Was just worried somthing might be f***ed as it is a nasty sound, and if just rolling in neutral with lock it makes a grindy gear sound too :s.

But ill try the oil and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers