Lsd

Morph

Member +
After a aftermarket lsd in good condition and a sensible price let me know what you have as got cash waiting if the right part!! Also after any aftermarket anti roll bars for front and rear and a adjustable panhard rod if any one has these??

Last edited:

stedee

Member +
ive got one in the gearbox -350 altogether, i dont know what type it is though( i know it s aftermarket), all i know it works very well and makes a big difference

Morph

Member +
Ok thanks mate is the gearbox in good condition and any way you could find out what diff it is??

stedee

Member +
thats the problem, the car was bought from wrc and advertised with an lsd, i know its got one from how it drives and the fact there is sealant showing from where the gearbox as been split. ive stripped my car and was going to take the g/box off this week then the weather happenned but i will take it off next week - fingers crossed but tbh i dont know what i am looking for

sx_turbo

Lifer
thats the problem, the car was bought from wrc and advertised with an lsd, i know its got one from how it drives and the fact there is sealant showing from where the gearbox as been split. ive stripped my car and was going to take the g/box off this week then the weather happenned but i will take it off next week - fingers crossed but tbh i dont know what i am looking for

did it clunk when going round sharp corners at slow speed?

stedee

Member +
no not really, ive had the car jacked up one side and the wheel in the air wont turn, but its the way it pulls you round bends you can feel it actually turning the steering wheel unlike any fwd ive driven, it didnt understeer at all

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah thats cool.

if there is no clunking chances are it be a trd helical lsd thats in there.

but you will never know the true make of the lsd as it is not stamped on the lsd at all.

you can tell if there helical or not by looking at them, just cant determine the make.

it could even be the standard lsd but more likely an aftermarket one.

stedee

Member +
ive heard the std lsds when fitted mean you have a different chassis no.
what makes of lsd are there for starlets

stedee

Member +
it did have a trd badge on the back and the jap guy who owned it didnt scrimp, it must have had 10ks worth of goodies on it.

stedee

Member +
it did have a trd badge on the back and the jap guy who owned it didnt scrimp, it must have had 10ks worth of goodies on it.

stedee

Member +
lol you couldnt live any further away, there is a guy from scotland interested in it btw, i think its gonna be nearer 400 with delivery but i will do some research once its off.