Major fault

rickie

Member +
Last night my car was fine all night but after being parked up a while my cd player and turbo timer lights started to flicker. Then they came back on. When I tried to start my car it was dead. I got the jump leads out and it started again ok. However now my ABS, engine and topmount caution lights were all on. The car drove as normal until I got close to my house where it nearly completely died out. It actually didn't have any RPM on the clock. Complete 0. I just managed to get it back to the house by giving it extremely light clutching and throttle. Then it died out when I got it parked. Any ideas?

By the way, timing belt, battery, engine etc were all changed only 2 months ago.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Check the wiring beside the ecu,check for water etc on your leads,distributor,all electrics in the engine bay
Or save the hassle and do a fault code check (theres a tutorial on this site)

Dan

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Im not much on electric's but it sounds like a live wire is lose an touchin somink...

Cheak all ya positive conection's and ya earthing one's to just in case...

I had a 306 GTi-6 that was cutting out an other stuff, it ended up being an earth wire not connected properly...

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
if i were you m8 id check the voltage of the battery while the car is started might be altinator or the belt for it check it proper and check for loose plugs on the altinator btw a bad earth can make things flicker as thats what happend with my glanza get another earth point wired

Jay

Admin
Sounds electrical mate so check out the basics - battery, alternator, earths and associated wiring. Also run a diagnostic as well and let us know what comes up.