max boost wiv tdo4 on standard interals

Joshima

Member +
whats the maximum boost u could run a tdo4 on with standard boost? would it be more effective than a a hybrid?

Bullet00th

Member +
Do you mean whats the maximum boost you can run a TD04 on a standard engine ?

I'd say no more than 1bar. Engines condition will obvisously affect the life span :)

1bar TD04 or 1.2bar CT9 Hybrid

Joshima

Member +
is it safe to run a td04 on standard interals then? would i need a emange or would it b safe to run with an fcd n rrfpr? what bhp would i be looking at ruffley? cheers

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Currently runnin 1.35 bar, no probs yet and survived my first drag day, my car gets driven hard too though it is only a weekend car.

If u speak to some of the Sri Lanka lads they run 1.3-1.4 with ecu management all the time, just retard the ignition a tad and ur off.

Joshima

Member +
that sounds dodgy lol im currently unsure wot to do either get a hybrid ct9 or a td04 but dont wanna forge the engine or really go down the emange route. woz finking a custom intercooler kit, td04, manifold, ex wastegate, downpipe, rrfpr n a hks fcd, wot else would i need and would it b better using a hybrid with that set up?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I went the Hybrid route first of all and then went TD04, wish I'd just gone TD04 first off and saved myself a fair bit.

U just have to ask urself will u be happy with 200hp or so or would u prefare 210-220 with the option of forging and getting 260 odd.

Joshima

Member +
dont fink theres much contest i wot id prefer really how much shall i be looking at spending on td04 set up about? been looking at turbo on ebay the cheap as? whats a good intercooler tho? did want a hdi kit but no point if im goin td04 now is there!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Sachas kit come with a FMIC and ext gate for about £1300 I think thats with a brand new Hybrid TD04 turbo too. A hybrid CT9 cost near half of that kits total cost.

Bullet00th

Member +
TD04 is definatley the better route i'd personally say. Not for everyone though. The TD04 is a much stronger turbo and better flowing. Plus if they go wrong they are widely available and alot cheaper than a CT9.

If you run a TD04 at .7-.8bar you'll be very happy :D I made 197.5bhp at .7bar on a TD04.

Matt

Joshima

Member +
didnt reali wanna buy a full kit wanted to make a custom its more fun + prob cheaper lol found a evo 4intercooler would that b any good?

starbogt

Member +
Every engine is different and will handle the boost differently so I leave it to the tuner to decide. As for turbo's the Td04 for example is a much better turbo and easier to make good power figures(cheap to replace too) the CT9 hybrids are good but are like polishing a turd really.... Not a great turbo but can get some very impressive results, as a lot of people have proved.

starbogt

Member +
I got all my kit second hand and in total cost les than 700quid but I already had the fueling mods that I needed. the TD04 can be run on pretty much standard engine (will need AFR checking) at less than 0.6bar which is still faster than CT9. After seeing the WEPR kit in person its a fantastic piece of kit def worth the cash.