Mega squirt info

triple j

Member +
Well lads i can get my hands on a mega squirt ecu a mate has there, it was in an ae86 am just wondering is there any extras i will need to get this running on my gt, thanks.

5e colin

Member +
you know u need the 4 pin tps etc etc some say the oem dizzy cant be used

there great for what they are and can always be adapted !!!! for 4efte

are u getting is cheapo ??? and if only o could solder propperly i suck at it

triple j

Member +
Yeah thats one thing i no i will need is the 4 pin variable tps, i can solder fine, but am not sure if will need to add any thing, well its the sort of thing i can pay for when its in and running, mates are great also.

Last edited:

5e colin

Member +
i bougt a ms3 builders kit last year for my 5e monster and still havent got round to soldering it coz i just suck at it :)

i will dig up all the info i have about it and send it on to u

you can download the mapping program for free off there site for the laptop just need to buy the cable then and off u go

02emichan

Member +
i am running ms2 v3 on a 4efte and are running a 3 pin tps no probs and as far as adding things it depends what you want to do like what ignition control u want launch control ? boost control ? nos ? all need different mods

ChrisD

Member +
If it was running in an ae86, then it will run with the 4e, just be sure it has the 2.5bar map sensor. Ignition, injectors, triggers should be the same more or less.

triple j

Member +
have this mega squirt here its a ms2 v3.57, i see inside it has a wired jumper set up for Direct Coil Control Distributorless Ignition, what way should i go about it i would like to use edis.

triple j

Member +
0k from what i see its 2 jumper wires needs soldered to activate edis on the v3.57, can leave the jumper wire in for the direct coil or should i take it out,
DSC_0028_zpsri1zofcv.jpg

triple j

Member +
Never mind the above am not very keen on that setup, so am going to order an extra vr sensor along with a stimulator, am using the stock setup to keep it tidy.

5e colin

Member +
the link u provided is for na dizzy setup seems very easy indeed but wont work with out funny turbo dizzys there difrent inside j

keep me informed how u get the stock igniter/coil ,dizzy setup sorted :) 1 day i will attempt it myselve on my mk1

triple j

Member +
The above link will work no problem for the 4e, all u have to do is to add a 2nd vr circuit to the megasquirt to pick up the 2nd vr signal thats needed, megasquirt 3 ms3x comes with the 2nd vr sensor built in so no mods required there.