Metallic Front End Screeching - Really frustrating me now as no solution

ady_glanza

Member +
Hello all

For the past 3 weeks i've been getting a metallic screeching noise when i turn left (even on a three point turn) and is very annoying. However it seems to do this loudly when i start my car set off and do the first 4 turns (get some funny looks from people i go past) and then quietens down if i take say a left turn at around 30mph (i.e curved road) then it can still be heard but seems to be quieter that when i start initially driving.

I'm very puzzled by this as to

1. What it can be, i've had it inspected by the garage fully on the ramps and they cant find anything at all, plus when i take it there the noise mainly gone and the test drive doesn't show anything? I've been told it could be a lose fan belt but that has been inspected and is fine. I've also had the brakes checked and they are fine

2. Why does it happen for the first 4 left turns and then quietens down but can still be heard, however if i set off driving again after say a couple of hours the noise comes back again for the 4 left turns and quietens down again.

Surely if something is catching or rubbing it should constantly be doing it, i've asked around and nobody seems to have an answer. The brake shields don't seem to be touching. Its really frustrating me as there doesn't seem to be an answer to the problem.

Any info or advice from the experts on here would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
Its doing it when its cold then, why not jack both front wheels up after its been sitting about for a while and turn the wheels by hand to see if its coming from them. If not then look into the steering side of things.