methanol+stock internal+20psi

chichi

Member +
hi, anybody run with methanol and stock internals?? i want to run 20 psi stock internal and stock ecu just FCD+ methanol + 20 psi :rockon: what do you think?

AdamB

Member +
Probably not a very good idea since you can't adjust ignition timing. Best person to ask would be Spuddy as he uses methanol with nitrous as well.

weeJohn

Lifer
Methanol AFRs need to be about 6:1 so you are going to need something to add a shit load of fuel or a standalone ecu to get it working.

Skalabala

Member +
As said above, before attempting something like that, get a good stand alone and a good tuner :)
And you will need a bigger fuel pump and compatible injectors.
What turbo do you have?

AdamB

Member +
Add on to what Skalabala said, you will also need components that are methanol friendly as it corrodes fuel lines, fpr etc.

chichi

Member +
As said above, before attempting something like that, get a good stand alone and a good tuner :)
And you will need a bigger fuel pump and compatible injectors.
What turbo do you have?
i have fpr stock injectors, stock internals and run td04l at 13psi now , i dont want to install a ecu in this moment i want to get more than 220whp without electronic
do you mean full meth or meth kit?
Complete meth kit AEM

glanzasteve

Fresh Recruit
i have no idea about your question but i just wanted to ask, is it ok to run a td04 on stock ecu with fuel pressure regulator and a fuel cut defender? no other mods?

as i have a td04 to go on and i have a frp on the car. would it b ok to just fit the fuel cut and run safely?

H_D

Member +
i have no idea about your question but i just wanted to ask, is it ok to run a td04 on stock ecu with fuel pressure regulator and a fuel cut defender? no other mods?

as i have a td04 to go on and i have a frp on the car. would it b ok to just fit the fuel cut and run safely?

Yeah it can be done but you cant run high boost with a stock engine and make sure you get the fueling checked on a RR

omikron

Member +
op there are 2 schools of thought on 4efte's

1. the engines cant stand up beyond 1 bar of a ct9
2. with due caution the engines can survive beyond 200 + whp with careful tuning

best advice; stick with what ur tuner recommends as he wil be the one supporting ur efforts

Skalabala

Member +
OP, at that power level it is important to have a good tune on stock internals.
And you will net more usable power by getting a good stand alone. Timing for methanol wont work on stock timing maps.
And watch out to not push the turbo to hard.
No point in using methanol if you can not have control over it.

i will buy full kit meth AEM 50% METH 50% WATER

those kits are OK to run just don't expect miracles from it, they are a small additional bonus, depending on car and mapped properly I've seen gains of around 10bhp and most of that is due to higher ignition advance down to better knock suppressant properties of the methanol and cooling of the water.

Tim :)

those kits are OK to run just don't expect miracles from it, they are a small additional bonus, depending on car and mapped properly I've seen gains of around 10bhp and most of that is due to higher ignition advance down to better knock suppressant properties of the methanol and cooling of the water.

i'm not sure if the base pump gas quality plays a part in the overall impact of a water/meth kit...but over in the caribbean where the pump gas octane is relatively low ("proclaimed" between 87-93),,,the meth/water kits have been used to very good effect with noticeable improvements in overall power/tuning/performace.

yeah i think the worse the base fuel the better the gains you'll get once mapped for using a methanol spray. When doing these on 3sgte engine in the 350-400bhp mark depending on how much you inject typical 10bhp gains, if you then raise the ignition advance up and boost to match i was safely seeing 25bhp on a 400bhp car. Power delivery felt smooth as well. But i would only ever advise this on a good quality system that can detect low methanol, blocked jets etc. anything that it can throw the car into a safemode if for any reason the methanol isn't spraying. as if you do get a blocked jet or run out of methanol its bye bye engine as it'll be mapped for that extra det protection. I don't think the AEM is that advanced to do that. the best onces i've found are the aquamist 2D kit upwards or the new line or kits there doing.

If your not mapping for it don't expect a huge amounts of gains, if anything it normally takes power away as the methanol acts like additional fuel and overfuels, causing you to loose torque in the midrange, and sometimes causes a small misfire as the methanol is first injected, The better kits like i mentioned above will bring it in gradually and match what it injects to the fuel injectors to give a fuel/methanol ratio which you then tune with the jets, so you run a 1:20 setup regardless what the fueling is doing you will maintain that ratio.