mid turbo?

stu bears gt

Member +
dont really want to go down the forged route, but want a bigger turbo.....ideally i would like a turbo inbatween ct9 and td04, i no tong are offering the trial td12 but is there anything else?
thanks stu

Fro

Member +
I thought the td12 was tried and tested? I think it would be an awesome turbo for my needs.

There is of course a hybrid ct9. And someone on here recently put ct12 wheels inside a ct9 iirc?

Chris@CCM

Member +
y not just use a td04 ? there not laggy really and still make good power at low boost and there sooo cheap to buy ! 1bar is big time safe too

ibz

Member +
chris - do you think its safe enough to run 1 bar on td04 but only using fcd and rrfpr ? i know its not ideal but just wondering if its safe

stu bears gt

Member +
lol thats why im stuck want more power but i love my spool time iv spent about 4k on my car and have .8psi by 2k :)
i thought they had tried n tested it to but checked there website and can only find a link for testing and not the kit itself.
ct9 hybrid wouldnt bother to be honest not enough gain for the money.

cris matey what about a dual ball bearing td04?

jam

Member +
lol thats why im stuck want more power but i love my spool time iv spent about 4k on my car and have .8psi by 2k :)
i thought they had tried n tested it to but checked there website and can only find a link for testing and not the kit itself.
ct9 hybrid wouldnt bother to be honest not enough gain for the money.

cris matey what about a dual ball bearing td04?

Try a IhI TF035 mate its a good turbo and better spool time compare to TD04 its in between CT9 and TD04.

stu bears gt

Member +
ift035 where from? any specs on em?
would love a vf series but there rubish for lag on stock internals.......i was looking at a t3 but thinkit will be similar problems. i really dont like lag lol

jam

Member +
ift035 where from? any specs on em?
would love a vf series but there rubish for lag on stock internals.......i was looking at a t3 but thinkit will be similar problems. i really dont like lag lol

its from a subaru forester and share the same flange as the TD04L so if want to upgrade to Td04L no problem direct swap.Its a good turbo for stock internal push at 1bar good power.

stu bears gt

Member +
il hav a look at them cheers mate will add rep if i like it lol :haha:
what is a t25 like comparision with td04?
what rev range would you hit 1 bar boost on stock internals?.....i have evry other mod but turbo

Topher-EP82

Member +
this is a far out guess but what about the turbo on a saab 9000 aero.
i believe it is an mitsubishi tdo4
the rest of the 9000 range came with a Garrett AiResearch T25 turbocharger
but the TD04 from mitsubishi is a beast.

i remember my dad having his aero tuned to 310hp and about 450nm the thing is although it is a big 2.3 litre engine the turbo always hit full boost at 2200rpm. even in standard form they are 225hp and it still spools quickly.

surely you could make a mani adapter for it. just a thought for a quality engineer to try and fabricate.