Mileage not going up and the reset-able counter over counting?

Tobz91

Member +
Recently brought a Glanza V with a few little issues, one being the mileage has stopped at 75999 and when I reset the bottom counter it says I've done a lot more mileage than I have? It' been converted to MPH. I don't know if some one could have fiddled with the counter and broken it? Any ideas where to start with this issue? It is counting correct MPH.

Guye

Lifer
On my GT the odometer stopped working suddenly as well. I hit the reset button one day and the trip counter didn't quite go to all zeros. The odometer stopped ticking over afterwards. Changing the clocks solved that issue.

Tobz91

Member +
Been glued and broken brackets on the spindle, fixed them now but unfortunately my fuel warning light snuffed it when I put the clocks back in for some in known reason, I've created another thread, thanks for input!

Tobz91

Member +
Yeah clearly some mofo didn't want it's mileage going up, but the fuel light was fully functional before removal, I can't find any info on search theres a lot of posts about them being faulty but no one seems to have fixed it,

It would really help if I could get an idea of the system, I.e. is it activated souly by the sender, are there relays fuses in line, I know there's no negative from the plug that feeds the light - I believe from past these cars are negatively switched so if there's nothing else inline it would point to the sender being at fault?

Damnnn I only wanted to fix the odometer haha.

Tobz91

Member +
Not many round here with glanza at the moment, I'll have to ask around. Need to find a means of testing really!