misfire??

benben

Member +
i have had my fmic on for about 2/3 month and over the last month my car as developd a misfire :(

i think it all startd from when i got water on my plug/lead in the cylender closest to my gearbox.

now i have replaced my plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotar arm think this would solve my problem but it has'nt.

it mostly happens whent he boost is building up but can also happen at high revs.

i was thinking bout replacing the coil but i think there expencive and i not sure of it will be that.

anyone had similar problems?? and help would be great

my engine mods are

full custom SS Exhaust,
Autobahn 88 fimc,
11 psi boost,
jam fcc,
cone air filter.

my exhaust has got a litle leak new the down pipe but its only small so i dont think it is this plus its only just happend last week.

thanks, chris

Ill bet this is caused by water getting in though the scoop on the bonnet

As theres no tmic anymore the rain/water will go straight for the plugs.. sometimes the plug leads dont seal the hole properly and the water drips down to the plug causing miss fires

solution would be a reversed scoop?

^^^ I hope thats all thats wrong with your car anyway:)

Last edited:

benben

Member +
yea thats what startd the problem but now i have blockd of the vent and raplaced the plugs leads dizzy cap and rotary arm and its still missfiring.

yesterday i went to a mr2 specialest who had a look and flashed the ecu show a code 12 wich was rpm signal.

he the raplaced the ignition amplifier/coil with was the exact same at a mk2 mr2 :p

it was fine all day then it stared again last nite :(

anyone think it could be the full distributor unit?

or a dodgey wire mabey?

thanks, chris

blackstar29

Member +
what plugs you put it there? new plug dont always work sounds like they are breaking down underload? does it have a missfire on idle???

shaddow

Member +
Hey, Iv just got a 1997 Glanza and mine is doing exactly the same thing, everytime you put your foot down and it boosts up the engine starts judering and misfireing.
I changed the plugs and WD40'd everything and it seemed to stop for a while but it just came back 20 mins later, whats the solution cos its doing my head in!!

shaddow

Member +
Iv had a look again today when i fit my new dizzy cap and rotor arm (which made no diffference) and i could not see anythig loose.
Its also getting a lumpy tickover and is ideling at about 5-600 rpm.
Im going to try new leads and a coil but where do you get coils from and how much are the roughly?

J

jakeGT

my car used to do this after 20 mins of warming up or so,replaced leads cap and plugs and it sorted it