misfire?

finch53

Member +
hey, picked my car up today, every now and then (in all gears) its very hesitent around 2,500-3,500 revs and theres like a judder, just wondering if this is the plugs as the guy said hes just replaced them, maybe put the wrong ones in and cant cope with the heat? when i slow down for a few miles then go for it again it seems to be ok again for a bit then starts up again.
im thinking its the plugs, i asked what hed put in but he wasnt sure so not very helpful, i havent had time to whip them out to look what they are but friends with EP82, said i could try the plugs from his glanza, he seems to think it could be the same thing.
just wondering what the best ones to use are as i think ill be buying some new ones.
cheers, phil.

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds ignition related. change the plugs. if its not that then go for the leads. if that still doesnt help then change the distributor cap and rotor arm.

probably best to change the lot ayway if you have no idea when it was last done.

finch53

Member +
the dissy cap and rotor arm have just been changed.
sometimes it helps if i lift off, making me believe its the plugs as theyre not having as much fuel to burn off.
will try get some plugs tomorrow, any ideas on the best ones?
will try that and see if it helps.
cheers lads.

dai_01

Fresh Recruit
mine does the same thing changed the plugs leads and dizzy cap and rotar arm but when it happens sometimes the engine management light flashes its doing my head in! dont know what it is!

finch53

Member +
hey... think ive found the problem.... went to a mates earlier today as his dads garage is across from the place i was going to buy some plugs, he said to advance the dizzy cap, did so and things got better, alot better... just driven it now and seems to be back a bit but not as bad as before, thinking this is due to the temp outside, could this affect it? maybe needs advancing a bit more?
anyway, didnt bother with the plugs as i think this is the problem.

anyone else think this may be it?

cheers, phil.

Chris@CCM

Member +
hey... think ive found the problem.... went to a mates earlier today as his dads garage is across from the place i was going to buy some plugs, he said to advance the dizzy cap, did so and things got better, alot better... just driven it now and seems to be back a bit but not as bad as before, thinking this is due to the temp outside, could this affect it? maybe needs advancing a bit more?
anyway, didnt bother with the plugs as i think this is the problem.

anyone else think this may be it?

cheers, phil.
lol fuck me dude dont just advance the dizzy thats how u blow cars up set it to 10 degrees btdc and set it with the car in diagnostic mode (te1 and e1 bridged) i would do a comp test too broken pistons make them drive like that too

finch53

Member +
ok mate will get it looked at. got a months warranty on the engine so will get it looked at sharpish.
cheers.

Paton

Member +
Check the king lead from the dizzy, mine had the air filter rubbing on it when I first got the car which caused it to split.

Sounds exactly the same symptoms as yours. It juddered about 2000-3000 and if you used less pressure on the pedal when accelerating it stopped.

finch53

Member +
will check that in the morning then mate, if thats not the problem ill find somewhere asap and get all the timing checked, seems like theyve just stuck a new dizzy cap on and not timed anything up though.
this forum is full of advise!
thanks lads!
phil.

GTnomez

Member +
lol fuck me dude dont just advance the dizzy thats how u blow cars up set it to 10 degrees btdc and set it with the car in diagnostic mode (te1 and e1 bridged) i would do a comp test too broken pistons make them drive like that too

please dont say that!!! im shitin bricks, my car misfires from cold start in the morn and when it conks out i add a few more revs and i can smell fuel!

after the engine is warm its fine from then on??!!!