Miss fire

ashbash107

Member +
My car has recently started to miss fire quite badly, it started about 4 days ago when my car was idling and I noticed the revs dropped before they went up, when I pulled away, my car gradually got worse and sounded like a full blown scooby!! I decided to remove the fuel rail and check the injectors, I cleaned the plugs, cleaned and checked leads and distributor and rotor arm, my car was then fine for 2 days......... and today it has started all over again, I have brought some new spark plugs but still no joy! It revs and idles fine on the spot but once it's moving and under load it misses? There is no smoke? Any suggestions? I have recently installed a td04?

Thanks

ashbash107

Member +
I'm thinking of buying some new 8mm magnecor leads and new dizzy cap, rotor arm but just wanted to see what people thought as these work out expensive!

Jay

Admin
You getting much rain recently chap?

Just thinking she might be getting water somewhere she shouldn't be getting water. Worth inspecting the ignition system again and also run the fault codes in case it gives you something to go on.

ashbash107

Member +
So I ran the fault codes and fault code 34 is showing, which I think is excess turbo pressure? Does this make any sense to my problem??

ashbash107

Member +
All sorted!!! I re set the ecu (diss connection the battery) and it was all fixed!! Fault code 34 disappeared and the car runs lovely! Only problem now is my gearbox is getting very stiff in 1st gear :( goes in fine but really struggles to come out! Someone help me l, I just want some smooth running for a bit!

Jay

Admin
34 is a fault logged with the ECU relating to too much boost. You could find she may have touched fuel cut in the past although this fault usually clears whenever the ignition is switched off and back on again. Keep an eye on it just.

If you gears are notchy drain and inspect your gear oil for metal swarth. Even if you find some put in a fresh fill of new oil (75-90) to see if it helps any. There are some gearoil additives on the market that'll promise to improve matters. They are only worth a punt if you are stuck generally.