mivec colt.!

wesgt

Lifer
are mivec colts 1997 any use? good or not so good cars? any info would be great

there cool enough little cars, always wanted one, equivalent to sir civics or vzr pulsars.
gearboxes give trouble so watch out for that, also check for dents in the sump, will cause mivec not to engage, and will need to be replaced.
awfully hard on fuel, friend had one and said he couldn't keep fuel in it, had an evo5 after and said it was actually easier!!
sound class too! get a looked after one anyway, cos there pricey when things start to go wrong

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
had one before i had it 2 weeks and had to get rid of it heavy on petrol and tax hard to grt parts for them wouldnt recomend one at all i did a deal for a glanza best thing i ever did imo

seanyk

Fresh Recruit
id well belive it on the fueling..! no i was offered one @ a good price.. what is mivec exactly? cheers fellers.!

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
i wouldnt say its the same as vtec now. the pull out of the mivec is nothing the same as vtec. there very troublesome. there a very comfortable car thats the only good thing about them. whats a goo price if you dont mind me asking

wesgt

Lifer
i wouldnt say its the same as vtec now. the pull out of the mivec is nothing the same as vtec. there very troublesome. there a very comfortable car thats the only good thing about them. whats a goo price if you dont mind me asking

he asked what is mivec, i meant mivec works similar to vtec. there all shit anyway compared to boost

wesgt

Lifer
oh sorry about that i stand corrected.i agree with you 100% about the boost ;)

i had my vtec stage and i'm well over it lol although, i never had a dc2, wouldn't mind one.

anyway, back on topic, it would want to be very cheap to take it, not a great demand for them!

JasonG

Member +
was offered a 180brake one for my glanza a while ago,never took it heard there worse than evo's wen it comes to fuel...not my type of car either..

kellygt

Member +
They were one of the most powerful n/a front wheel drive cars to come out of Japan I think there was a one make series there more powerful than a civic nice looking car there was a few around Limerick nicely modded full cages and all they sound beautiful when the Mivec engages

danb87

South East England Area Rep
they are nippy little cars. was quite a popular choice for people i know i think 3 of my mates had them.

seanyk

Fresh Recruit
well 1500euro was wat i was offered it for so id pick it up 1300mark id guess.. tested ect... not my fav car either tbh, but i was tinking between cars could be fun that was about it really, just drive it as is, nothing id do to it/ nothing it needs you know.! any idea what sort of power stock?

Last edited:

kellygt

Member +
well 1500euro was wat i was offered it for so id pick it up 1300mark id guess.. tested ect... not my fav car either tbh, but i was tinking between cars could be fun that was about it really, just drive it as is nothing id do to it/ nothing it needs you know.! any idea what sort of power stock?

I think they are around 175bhp not 100% sure I know they were more powerful than the 1.6 Dohc vtec civics

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
there not making much more than 1500e thats about average for one with not much done to it. there 175 bhp standard but your better off with a civic any day imo. the mivec rs colts are the only way to go if you do decide to go mivec. they have better top end stronger con rods the car itself has more braces standard and is fully seam welded there is no electrics which give alot of bother in them and there the light weight model.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Have a look at Kruiser's old Colt that is up for sale by Martin French. It has an evo engine & 4wd running gear. Would love to buy it, it's going for €3,500

glanza123

Member +
if your the kind of person that drives hard everyday stay away from them they wont take it and the ones ive seen
arent thet fast either..