MK1 & MK2 Tailgate question

Luke.R

Member +
Just a quick question,

Does anyone know if the tailgate on a mk2 ep82 is the same as a mk1 apart from the centre part on one having a glow badge and the other one just having the reflective strip?

Basically my MK1 tailgate is rusting around the window seal, and is getting worse, and with the car being white it looks awful when the rest of the car is pretty mint, so really what I wanted to do is use a MK2 tailgate, and fit the MK1 glow badge in it if it's possible? as I'm able to find MK2 ones easier than MK1 tailgates.

Cheers.

Luke

Fizturbo

Member +
Just a quick question,

Does anyone know if the tailgate on a mk2 ep82 is the same as a mk1 apart from the centre part on one having a glow badge and the other one just having the reflective strip?

Basically my MK1 tailgate is rusting around the window seal, and is getting worse, and with the car being white it looks awful when the rest of the car is pretty mint, so really what I wanted to do is use a MK2 tailgate, and fit the MK1 glow badge in it if it's possible? as I'm able to find MK2 ones easier than MK1 tailgates.

Cheers.

Luke

It's same fitment between Mk1 and Mk2,the Mk1 glow reflector like ours also blends in with mk1 rear lights an thee other has reflector type and different rear lights,the Mk3 tailgate are different with out the funkness :haha:

Luke.R

Member +
Excellent, cheers guys.

Just need to hunt one down, but sadly they all seem to be in Black, so I can see me needing to get one sprayed white.