money from paid members...

markeybhoy

Member +
just a query. the money the site gets from the paid members. what happens to it? does it go neatly into someones back pocket or does the site actually require money to keep it maintained and live...?

:)

SupaStu

Member +
The site has hosting fees, etc size of storage, functionality costs etc.

(anyone seen Mackers new Ferrari recently tho...) ;)

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
It will cost some to keep it going but I doubt it's the amount that is brought in, Macker seems to have been on holiday for a year or so lol. I hope it's not all spent on the site anyway coz it keeps on crashing.

markeybhoy

Member +
The site has hosting fees, etc size of storage, functionality costs etc.

(anyone seen Mackers new Ferrari recently tho...) ;)

lol members list is growing though constantly... surely the increase in membership income out ways the increase in hosting costs etc...?

Jay

Admin
Don't worry, you aren't funding my drinking career or anything silly.

It goes into the maintenance of the site. We are only here due to the support of our members and for that we are thankful.

Jay

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Don't act like you don't know Jay, I think you protest too much. Mark my words, the days of this conspiracy are numbered.

Monkfish

Member +
I've not had any pie. :(

On a serious note though, hosting does cost a fair amount. My photography website costs me £45/year to host, but that's on a shared server. A website of this size would need it's own dedicated server just to cope with the traffic, and they cost well into the hundreds every year.

Mackers Ferrari is nice though... ;) Hur hur, I jest.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I've suffered the wrath of the mods long enough! I deserve pie! I want, no need to be a mod! You will all feel my wrath!!!!! Muhahahahahaha :flame:

So who's stolen the pie? Kelly whats that grin for... looks like you've had your fill?! Its a conspiracy!:homer:

SupaStu

Member +
You should see Jay's private Island.... (you dont think those palm trees are in Ireland surely??)

Last edited: