## more break help ## lol

durmz

Member +
cant get the fukin disc off for love nor money. got the calliper off. then it should just come off right? aint missed anything? its a glanza if that makes any difference :homer: ive bashed hell out of it with hammer. wont even budge a little bit

Craig_GT

Lifer
On the GT it just comes off, not sure bout the glanza but tbh it did take some whackin if its the rears.

Craig

durmz

Member +
it looks like the bolt that holds the wheel bearing in is in the way :homer: summit not right

ChrisGT

Member +
Hmm...very odd! You haven't put your wheel nuts back on have you? Haha jokes.

Must just be seized on, give it a big tap! (Or three).

durmz

Member +
lol. na ive bashed fuck out of it. just aint coming off, ile get a pic up, looks different.

durmz

Member +
DSC01253.jpg

if you look, around the centre the disc has a lip, havent seen this on any other discs. i might be wrong but it looks as though the disc has a lip that goes behind the bolt that holds the wheel bearing. although i hope im talking shite :D tried getting that split pin out too to no effect, think ile bend that back down lol

durmz

Member +
it wont come out. and behind the little gold casing theres a great big nut, is that holding the disc on then? the split pins not in the way btw

Last edited:

GTWorld

Member +
The split pin is in the way and yeah you need to get a the bolts off to get the disc off, and if im right the last bolt a 30mm??

Craig_GT

Lifer
it wont come out. and behind the little gold casing theres a great big nut, is that holding the disc on then? the split pins not in the way btw

The great big nut is a deep30mm, its for the driveshaft mate, u dont need to remove that.
the disc should come off, have u tried removin the split pin and casing?

Craig

Last edited:

Sigma

Member +
Dont take off nut in the middle!!!!!

It doesnt need to come off!!!!

You see the two threads in the hub face?

Find two bolts which fit these and wind them into threads, they need to be about 15mm long minimum.

You wind them through the disc, and onto the actual hub. They push the disc off.

Wind them in, in equal amounts and the disc will pop off.

Last edited by a moderator:

durmz

Member +
Dont take off nut in the middle!!!!!

It doesnt need to come off!!!!

You see the two threads in the hub face?

Find two bolts which fit these and wind them into threads, they need to be about 15mm long minimum.

You wind them through the disc, and onto the actual hub. They push the disc off.

Wind them in, in equal amounts and the disc will pop off.

you dont need to take that off you tit, once the wheel and caliper is off the disc should come off

correctimo. that looks like bad idea. got disc off in the end. got car jacked up higher. and BASHED IT it came off lol. julian mate, with the the toytuning brake lines, i couldnt see anywhere for the circlip to go back on. is that ok like that?

durmz

Member +
sweet. jus checking. noticed that the depth of the head on the line isnt as deep as the standard line either, so all in all, its no where near as strong at that point. makes me worry a lil :/