more camber

turbojim

Lifer
you can get camber adjustment bolts lad they go through the shock where it bolts to hub and allows more adjustment
whiteline do the im pretty sure

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
You dont need more camber lad if your maxing out your top mount i say your on -3 even thats a bit too much already

WallaceGlanza

Member +
To be fair in that photo it does look like you have no negative camber, in fact it almost looks positive?

If the top mounts are set to fully negative the problem may be in the strut bolts - there is a bit of adjustment in them as one is slotted.

However you need to get a laser allignment done to verify all this and check the full geometry settings, guess work will most likely result in poor handling and excessive wear on the tires.

Murray

Member +
To much negative camber is also bad unless you can get the car to use it succesfully (ie suspension setup etc), as you are only using the inside of the tire.
1.5 to 2 degrees is more than enough for a good road car setup.

The pics you have posted of the corrola, uses alot more camber on the front, but the car itself is setup for drifting not trackwork. Two very different setups really

Also have you the top mounts on the right way?

Murray

Rory

Lifer
From the photo i would point towards the top mount being on the wrong way round.
I run -1 on my road car which i use on the sprints and its more than enough ;)

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
Do you have installed correctly your suspension? there is no way that you maxed out the setting and need more...

Texx

Super Moderator
i noticed in a few pics that i need more camber

That's not really the way you determine how much much negative camber the front suspension needs. The photo you've posted shows your car exiting a left hand bend? That would suggest the weight of the car is being transferred to the right hand front corner and the tyre is being pushed flat to the ground. If you run too much negative camber you'll lose most of the grip from the front tyres and the inner edges will overheat and wear out very quickly.

grum-glanza

Member +
im pretty sure the suspension is on the right way i bought them off a glanza and just fitted them to my car but they are on it over a year now the front had to be rasied up because i got new brakes xyz 6 pots and i needed 20mm spacers i'll take a pic of my suspension 2mr and throw it up and see what ye think

grum-glanza

Member +
rite i got some pics of the camber set up i have and i think its verry small but people are saying it should be a lot have a look

P9270091.jpg
[/IMG]
P9270089.jpg
[/IMG]
P9270092.jpg
[/IMG]
P9270093.jpg
[/IMG]

Rory

Lifer
Turn the top camber plate 180 degrees and see how the wheel sits. Obviously you will have to redo the camber adjustments after this.
If you spin them 180 degrees then go for maximum negative camber, you should see a diffirence.

grum-glanza

Member +
are you on about the black plate do i need to open the center nut or compress the spring or what i have never taking a coilover apart?

rep added

aidan

Member +
none of that justtake off the 3 nuts holding top mount to car stand on the hub to let the studs pop out of the holes turn the top mount around and put back on

Paul_JJ

Member +
rite i got some pics of the camber set up i have and i think its verry small but people are saying it should be a lot have a look

P9270091.jpg
[/IMG]
P9270089.jpg
[/IMG]
P9270092.jpg
[/IMG]
P9270093.jpg
[/IMG]

It's way TOOOO MUCH -) And it doesn't even look like you have any camber at all - on the side of the wheel.

Follow Rory's advise he knows what he is on about.

Also getting the wheel alignment done professionally is very important! Not just a KwikFit garage!