mot aftermarket exhaust

taylor_88

Member +
has anyone been failed recently for there exhaust being to loud i just had an emission check done and it passed so asked to book mot and he said if he tested it it would fail because it was louder than a standard exhaust is this just him being fussy or is this a new rule i know this been posted about couple months ago jus wondered if anyone had trouble recently

GTdan

In The Closet
tell him as a jap import, how loud should the exhaust be???

(there is no set answer) its just at the mot testers discression, i would take it elsewhere.

Arnold

Lifer
has anyone been failed recently for there exhaust being to loud i just had an emission check done and it passed so asked to book mot and he said if he tested it it would fail because it was louder than a standard exhaust is this just him being fussy or is this a new rule i know this been posted about couple months ago jus wondered if anyone had trouble recently

I had one fail for that. The bloke said it's pointless him testing it because its too noisy and i had to stick a standard one back on. Some places won't care about things like that though (as it doesnt make the car any less safer) so they just ignore it.

Monkfish

Member +
It seems to depend on where you go and who you ask. Some say the limit is 90dB, others say it's 110dB, others say it's 103dB, others say no louder than stock.

I've not had a problem at the two garages The Bitch has been to and she's quite shouty. :haha:

turbojim

Lifer
depends how much of a spa he or she is lad thats a load of sack if someone failed me on that unless it was ridiculous i would freak