MOT failed on emissions

GT_Chris

Member +
Had my car tested today and it failed on emissions by 8-9% or summut like that they said (but it this way it was way to high).

Although i was in abit of a rush geting the car ready and noticed i only fitted the cat back on with 2 bolts in stead of 4, and i had a meshed turbo, and the standard BOV was just laying about in the engine bay........could this be the reason why, plus the car had'nt been driven for a month.

But since then ive fitted 4 bolts to hold the cat on, fitted EFi pipe back on and the standard airbox, and all other bits such as standard BOV.

Also my rev counter seems to be not working right, it says im idleing at 0rpm, when i no it idles at 1k, so it seems to be out but 1k e.g if im reving at 2k rpm its only showing 1k on clocks ????

GT_Chris

Member +
No fueling mods mate, just got a FCD set to 7 which it has been since i had the car, shall i turn it off?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
no it shouldnt matter... my car passed MOT will 0% emmisions with no cat, but also no fuelling mods...

I was told by a friend of mine that works on turbo's that when the fuel pressure is increased, ie more fuel, the emissions will be higher especially with not cat, I was just cing if thats what maybe happened to urself... i have since increased the fuel pressure to just over 3 bar, i am concerned that come MOT time my emissions will be higher :S

and im thinking about what you said about having the FCD. Really if the FCD is connected, it leans the engine out the hole way through the rev range, so im thinking with a leaner engine... there will be less emissions ... so i don't think the FCD has much to do with it...

im not 100% so don't take my word... maybe someone withabit more knowledge can shine light on this... would be interested myself to see what they say...

GT_Chris

Member +
Just had it retested and its still the same...........they said they dunno what to do with it :S lol

the car does burn abit of oil tho, could that be the problem?

weeJohn

Lifer
Just had it retested and its still the same...........they said they dunno what to do with it :S lol

Who is working on it, a couple of monkeys?

O2 sensor, water temp sensor, sticking injector, fpr, timimg.

Just a few things to check.

Plus I would not run a FCD without fuelling mods, you are asking for trouble doing that.

GT_Chris

Member +
Chris, seriously mate, how many engines are you going to blow up before you remove that FCD?

I no lol......im keeping it in cause im geting a FPR and actuator soon

but i only half throttle the car intill i get it all set up right and ive put it back to standard i.e cat bk in, standard air box etc

Ive turnt the FCD off before but the car runs really rough, pops flames everywhere and is so sluggish, so i put it back to 7 and it runs fine. but still i think its over fueling

Last edited:

GT_Chris

Member +
Who is working on it, a couple of monkeys?

O2 sensor, water temp sensor, sticking injector, fpr, timimg.

Just a few things to check.

Plus I would not run a FCD without fuelling mods, you are asking for trouble doing that.

Well i think there were monkeys cos my washer jets didnt work cos i had no water in them forgot to fill it up lol and they didnt put that on the fail sheet

i also said i got a spare lamda sensor in my car for them to try but they didnt, but could the water temp sensor cause my fan to stay on constantly? cos it does, dunno if that could be the cause?