MSD 6A vs. HKS Twin Power

fastglanza

Member +
Not sure if its the right forum

Does anyone have experiences with either of the 2 and which is better?

I know stock ignition is fine for good amount of HP but reaching the stage where i'll be high boosting td05 18g and due to fuel constraints a/f will be quite rich so i need an upgrade to burn the mixture avoid spark blow out

i kno the msds are much cheaper and larger in size and know to produce loads of spark increase killing coils and leads

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i remember a thread about both of these a month or two ago, maybe best to do a search but if i remember correctly alot of people said to go for the MSD units

GTwayne

Member +
I would wait and see if you actually need one.

This guy might be able to help. He uses a msd ss coil pack iirc. (starlet666)

Last edited:

fastglanza

Member +
yeah ive tried it and i've got some missfire spots here and there so might as well get it upgraded.. Thats what im finding some use msd and other hks

i kno the hks is superior with rotaries as they increase both leading/trailing ignition with 1 little box....where as the MSD u need 2 units 1 for trail and 1 for leading

actually i do have the hks one but it seems to not really helping the rich mixture (no choice as full race gas is too expensive)

but i've seen the msds on a ep71 and that thing has current and sparks all over the place even running along the front strut bar...and most rotaries use 2msd boxes

there must be a reason for the size difference..the hks is like 1/4 or less than the msd size