my eml for no reason

this morning i got up and started my car and for a mile the eml stayed on havent a clue why it was on any ideas why it would just b on outta the blue?

dark_knight

Member +
last good known configuration

what changed since the last time the light was off..? anything at all that could have happened..

nope i heard it could b the lambda sensor giving up, all im running is a decat, induction kit filter on the pipe beside the top mount and a rear exhaust box, i think my boost solenoild has died as it dont go onto low boost anymore when i push the button :(

Sparky

Member +
Firstly it wouldnt come on for no reason

Secondly do a diagnostics check on it, there is a thread on here somewhere how to do it and what code means what. Could be a faulty sensor

AdamB

Member +
As Sparky said, if the eml light stays on for more than 30 seconds the ecu logs the fault code. Do a diagnostic test and find out the code :)

dark_knight

Member +
fault codes

@RichielightweightGT: get some guts mate. it's not as difficult as it may seem.. :cool:
you'll proli find a fault code and that will then lead you in the right direction. awaiting your report..

i didnt get a chance to do a diagnostics as it was raining, but today i dropped a gear and flattened it and the car felt terrible and back fired felt like it was gna conk out, ive a feeling my engine could be giving up :(

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
before you find out and tell us what the code is.. it wouldnt be a good idea to keep booting it.. if u know theres a code.. u need to see what the problem is... its very rare that a problem ever gets solved by itself lol... :rolleyes:

kon

i got code 22 and 34, i looked up what they ment but im unsure what to do about 22, open or short circut in coolant temp. sensor signal (thw)?? do i need a new temp sensor