my old uk turbo in aberdeen

chall

Member +
i didnt spot it but my mate did, my purple uk turbo conversion i built 4yrs ago has appeared in aberdeen

anyone seen it or know who's got it now? its slowly making its way back to me after it went to b'ham when i sold it :rockon:

cameroon95

Member +
I was at a meet a few weeks ago, pretty sure i spoke to a guy that had a turbo conversion mate.

Unsure of his name, maybe some other members on here from deen could help.

i didnt spot it but my mate did, my purple uk turbo conversion i built 4yrs ago has appeared in aberdeen

anyone seen it or know who's got it now? its slowly making its way back to me after it went to b'ham when i sold it :rockon:

i just put an engine in it a few weeks ago !who did the wireing what a shambles:slap: the car is looking and going ok now tho :) the guy that owns it is phill hes not on a member of this site a few of his mates are tho

chall

Member +
wouldnt mind it back but its been thru a few owners now, just wouldnt be the same!

easy on the wiring comment, when i did it 4yrs ago the conversion wasnt common so done it from scratch. it worked :beer:

does it still have the glanza front end? as my mate that seen it wasnt sure he didnt notice the scoop etc... get some pics if ye can please bud wouldnt mind seeing what it looks like now

dandydons

Member +
wouldnt mind it back

Was a nice looking car in it's day Ian.. but am like you probably wouldn't be the same knowing it has been ragged by a few different owners.I thought you had bought a gt not that long ago but your sig says s14 still ?? what you got these days?

chall

Member +
kev, hows things? yeh i aint sussed out how to change it lol :homer: still running the mk2 GT and enjoying it

mark, what all has it had done? gutted to think someone neglected it. the guy i sold it to swapped the blitz bov for a bailey one, the 5zigen exhaust for a "custom" one, ohlins coilovers for shocks and springs and also it had a carbon TRD front strut brace... he colour-coded it!!!! :slap:

aright mate did i sell u a wireing loom for a starlet before? the car has just had wopping £2000 spent on it engine headgasket mot and a major sort out . it was in a bad way .:(it was so bad some had one fitted a plastic fan and when it came on boost it started to melt :haha: but its going and lookin sweet again :p

Rory

Lifer
Good to hear its back up north.

Ive seen it a few times on fleabay, and it was forever being sold by someone else.

Good to hear that Mark has rescued it from despair though. :p

chall

Member +
aright mate did i sell u a wireing loom for a starlet before? the car has just had wopping £2000 spent on it engine headgasket mot and a major sort out . it was in a bad way .:(it was so bad some had one fitted a plastic fan and when it came on boost it started to melt :haha: but its going and lookin sweet again :p

£2k?!?!? HOLY SHIT! if it was needing that much he musta bought it cheap. thats gutting to know its been abused but good to hear thats its back on track again. yes i bought an engine and loom off ya over a year ago, it was for another conversion. i rebuilt it, got a hybrid, blitz decat etc etc etc was gonna go for big power but sold it as i sold my daily runner and needed a car and a glanza came up cheap

gt-stu

Member +
f**k me 2k defo must have been cheap!,it was a super sweet car back in its day when chall had it,wish i had bought it of you all those years ago before it went to birmingham!,i tell you i was tempted a few times it was up for sale,but it wouldnt have been right,plus everyone would say thats challs car!! lol

it def dosent have eney of these mods on it eney more some must of been at it ! it had the blitz bov but it was faulty :haha: the strut brace had to be taken off as u can't mount the fuel filter on the correct bracket .i thought it was u u still got a glanza ?

chall

Member +
nah mate, since the glanza i've had 2 S14a's and im now on a mk2 GT running 160bhp at the wheels., good times :rockon:

i was tempted to buy it back too a few times