My SPOON eg civic

hubbygt

Member +
Nine years ago when I passed my driving test I had wanted an eg civic, however I could not afford the insurance at the time. Last month I decided to try and source a decent spec'd one with most importantly a good shell, and here she is

img1182av.jpg

img1188wa.jpg

img1281zm.jpg

img1186f.jpg

img1183qx.jpg

Ignore the mud on the car on the last pic.

The engine conversion completed by the previous owner at 148,000 and had the P28 ECU chipped and mapped by H-TUNE. The engine came from a rear ended 79,000 miles MB6.

The engine is perfect, very strong on and off VTEC, the clutch is great, and no knocks / rattles or any smoke at all.

The car has been kept immaculately, although it’s for daily use but make effort to polish and wax almost every weekend.

The body shell is IMMACULATE, I can't stress enough how perfect it really is (it's the reason I travelled to London from Glasgow to buy the car). The rear arches have been professionally cut out and replaced, as well as a new JDM tailgate, then full restored and painted in official Honda Y56 Phoenix Yellow paint (same as Spoon I believe).
There is not a single spot of rust, or even any remote signs of rust, the body are almost as new.

SPEC

Full B18C4 engine conversion & S9B LSD gearbox
Full body restoration and painted in Honda P56 Phoenix Yellow (Spoon Yellow)
JDM tailgate
Genuine Honda rear wiper delete
Rear 3 windows tinted
Tanabe Medallion concept G full exhaust system with decat
Toyo sports 4-2-1 heat wrapped
Tegiwa Kevlar whales penis
Meister R Zeta-S Coilovers
Cyberspeed rear LCA's
Black dash / interior
OMP steering wheel and snap off Boss kit
DC2 Red Recaro seats ( no saggy Bolsters)
DC2 JDM mats
DC2 OEM titanium gear knob
DC2 backseat
DC2 front upper strut Brace
Spoon rear upper strut brace
Spoon style carbon mirrors
Spoon style carbon spoiler
Yellow smoothed out rocker cover with carbon plug cover
Amber corners
Heko wind deflectors
Mugen 1.3 bar radiator cap
Mugen pedal
Mugen front lip
Rota slipstream 16’ with D1 alloy nuts
Mintex drilled/grooved front and rear brake discs with Brembo pads
Toad Ai606 cat 1 alarm with 2 fobs
HID Hi-Lo xenon kit 6000k

Also have a rear lower tie bar, camber arms to go on along with a few minor touches like type r gear gaiter etc.

I know it's not a Toyota but I know you guys and gals will appreciate the work and care put into the little Honda.

Murray

Member +
Nice looking civic youve got yourself. Whale pecker intake FTW
Just a heads up though, H-Tune only socket the ecu and supply a base map for the engine. Scott doesnt tune cars.

Murray

hubbygt

Member +
Nice looking civic youve got yourself. Whale pecker intake FTW
Just a heads up though, H-Tune only socket the ecu and supply a base map for the engine. Scott doesnt tune cars.

Murray

Cheers for the heads up bud, apparently been mapped but don't have the dyno sheet for it unfortunately. Will be getting a fresh map next month when the new decat is fitted. For peace of mind more than anything.

Topher-EP82

Member +
Bloody Brilliant... Swap that MB6 manifold over for a B18C and you'll be laughing !!!

Looks great and i'll bet she goes great also... damm i miss my honda's.

hubbygt

Member +
What is a kevlar whales penis mate? Lol
Lol it's the induction kit buddy
nice 1 man :), bet it dont shift like the gt tho :p
Haha, should never have sold you that thing you've went power mad Martin. Nah your right it doesn't but it is a dream to drive and fairly rapid too. A lot of fun in the bends. How is the new set up treating you mate? All run in now?
lovely looking civic
Cheers bud
looks awsome mate.
Thanks Ricky, long time since I spoke to you buddy, hope all is well. Yeah I missed my jap motors too, just can't stay away from them.
really miss my jap motors :(

Yeah that is a hot civic!
Thanks dude, glad you like
looks awesome dude, will be interested to see how much this is putting out
Cheers rob, yeah will be interesting. Will let you know the outcome buddy.