Need Advice Installing Electrical Oil Pressure Gauge.

When instlaling an electrical oil pressure guage what is the best means of running the oil form the block to teh sender. Cant mout the sender directly on the block due ot lack of room and fear of the weight of it breaking it right out.

I know steal braided line is the best option but can a copper line be used to run from the block to the oil sending unit which would in turn send a signal to the guage on teh inside.

What about high temp rubber hose or is that too far a fetch?

fussman

Member +
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums//showthread.php?p=386782

DSC00045.JPG

ive seen someone talk about running a line from the standard unit (with T piece) to
where every u have the sender mounted, so it doesnt hand off the side of the block.
not sure how it would affect the reading tho.
or use a sandwich plate. but u have to take off some of the plate or the power steering
bracket for it to fit.

when u doin urs? i got mine to put in too but never got around to it.

that sandwitch plate thing out the question. To run the T connection the T goes directly in the block hwere the old stock sensor goes a line runs from the T to wherever and the old sensor goes in the other end of the T the quesiton is what material to use for the line. Thanks for the pic though.

That is quite an interesting way to do it never saw that before question is do we have T connections here in my island like that the can hold the original sensor. What thread woudl it be? gonnd do some searching here now but all responses are welcomed.

weeJohn

Lifer
I bought the same T peice of ebay but my autogauge sender is too long so the probe hits the end of the hole before the thread has screwed in! What sender are you using?

On the end hole as well or just the side hole?

I tried the nylon line that did not work out too well. Lost all my oil on the way home luckily i dint knock. I replace it with a Coper line i have the coper line running to a T and the autometer oil pressure sender on one end and the original oill sensor on the other end. NO leaks nowl

i must say...i dont like how this set up looks---it looks rather unsafe just strapped onto the radiator hose.....make a bracket could me made to secure everything in place

maybe braided oil lines can be used entirely (as opposed to the copper lines) as they are probably stronger and less chance of them breaking.

i like the concept, but i feel it could be done a bit better/safer

and for oil units, people tend to use electrical sending units to avoid the potential issues which could result from leaks/breaks with the mechanical ones........but it's just antone's preference really, as both units seem to work well enough