need some advice..bad times...

tucka

Member +
well first of im havin a nightmare on monday at 4am 3 men broke into my house with the intensions of steelin my car, unlucky for them i sleep with my keys and a massive bat! so i woke up and went after them with my dad in his car but they got away down some ally ways on there bikes..at the time i didnt know they was after my car it wasnt until the police told us later that day!

now this is the part were i need your help

the very next day i was driving home, and my car cruched into 2nd gear i came to a stop at some traffic lights fearing the worst, i braked to stop the car took my foot off the brake with my clutch still down and in 2nd and she started to move i had to keep my foot on brake to stop her from movin, didnt want to take her out of gear knowin that i might not get her back in and i was only 1min from home. so managed to get her home had to hit the shifter to get her out of 2nd and to put her in neutral. also just to add shes been crunchin into 3rd and 2nd recently

bad luck ay i then got to work and someone had thrown my trainers away! they say it comes in 3s lol

so am i right in thinkin my syncros have gone? meanin i may aswel get a new gearbox? also my realease bearing has been makin a noise for the past few months could this have a part to play init. what do you guys think?

and any rough prices on a new gearbox or were to find 2nd hand ones?

to top it all off i just baught some white advan RG alloys for her!!!

cheers for any help

GTdan

In The Closet
theres a few cars being broke - so should be able to get a gearbox for under £200.

While your at it, may as well change the clutch too, if its not been change recenetly,

danturbo4311

Member +
are you able to select all gears when the engines off does the gear stick feel any lighter or heavier than usual, sounds like your clutch is ok if you were able pull away in second gear

Sorry to hear that dude. Check your gear cables see if they are knackered before you go the whole hog getting a box. Hopefully it is as its a cheap easy fix.:)

pi5tl3

Fresh Recruit
greame -streetracer starlet will have 1 with a cusco lsd for sale now i think m8. he lookin for bout £300 i think

p.

GT_Ben

Member +
Sounds more like the clutch release bearing! Box is gona have to come off to check the clutch anyway. Cheap fix but hassle to get to! lol

weakboy2

Member +
Thats your clutch dragging mate, could even be a leaking slave cylinder/or master cylinder.

Is the clutch pedal low/spongy? check the clutch fluid before you go buying anything you dont need! if the level is perfect then its pretty much going to be a clutch needed.