need some help doing brakes

vick

Member +
wel lads i need some help while doing my levin breaks on me glanza
wat do i need n wat side spacers i need n where the spacers goes behind the disc or the caliper bracket n how much i need to take off from the disc i got the breaks from a levin super strut one twin pot
thanks vick

Motor

Member +
wel lads i need some help while doing my levin breaks on me glanza
wat do i need n wat side spacers i need n where the spacers goes behind the disc or the caliper bracket n how much i need to take off from the disc i got the breaks from a levin super strut one twin pot
thanks vick
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?75261-How-to-Levin-BZR-Brake-Upgrade
All the information you need is in there mate (I hope; pm if you need any advice); nearly sure it's the same process.
Spacers were 8mm; they go between the hub and disks. Can't remember what diameter the disks are; nearly sure it's 265. I just used corolla d4d disk (2002-).
Hope I've helped,
Dylan

Motor

Member +
Can i ask how much it all cost aswell Motor?
To be honest; feck all. Got the calipers for 50 (bargain of the century ;)), disks and pads were 100. Not sure on the spacers and studs; have receipts somewhere; wasn't more than 200 euro all in though. (About £150~ or less)
Can honestly say they are the best mod I've done so far; so much better than standard and almost as sharp as my dad's TT (best brakes I've ever used)

vick

Member +
can u give me the parts number of the disc u got mator bcoz miy is nearly ther i order the stud from a company in galway it cost 2.20euro each n i ve the spacer made 8 mm so i just need the disc then my car going back together

Ted

Member +
8mm is quite a lot to space out a wheel. depending on your wheel offset and how low the car is you could have clearance issues. i assume you would then space out the rear so the car handles ok? another option is the celica st185 conversion, it uses the same caliper but a different carrier so you only need 3mm disc spacers. just my 2p on this. you wont be dissapointed by the way that twin pot caliper performs, its actually physically the same size as a starlet caliper, so you wonder why they didnt use it on the turbo in the first place. the jap n/a equivalent uses the same caliper as the turbo

whiteglanzav

Member +
i thought that the st185 calipers were a single piston caliper ted ? i think member gtben had some for sale not too long ago

Ted

Member +
early jdm st185 are twin pot, later incl. uk ones are single pot. as noone i know of has done a single pot conversion im not sure how good it is but the piston is massive so could be good, also it runs with a 278mm disc, the twin pot is 256mm.

whiteglanzav

Member +
ahh i see ! i wudnt have thought that a large single pot would be as good as twins but i bet they r better than stock lol

Ted

Member +
yes im not so sure myself but toyota clearly thought it was better than the twin pot. most jdm models seem to have inferior brakes than their uk spec counterparts and as the later jdm celica went to single pot it must be better. huge caliper tho- must add a bit to unsprung weight- not ideal.