negative rep

scot-ish

Member +
just wondering

right, "TheStarletGT" has negative rep of 120 or something like that, obviously cos he's a cock.

but what im wondering is, if he reps some1, with positive rep, because his points are worth -2, does that mean if he was to rep some1 they would actually reduce by two points, and for him to "negative rep" some1, would it then actually be positive(following the two -ve makes a +ve)

i know this will be too much for most on a sunday morning, but i was just wondering lol.

churcherj

Member +
i dont think it would work like that, reps are indvidual for that user, so if he was to positive rep someone their reps would increase. just because hes negative doesnt mean it will switch around like a maths equation surely? if so that would be a strange and pretty messed up rep system!

just wondering

right, "TheStarletGT" has negative rep of 120 or something like that, obviously cos he's a cock.

but what im wondering is, if he reps some1, with positive rep, because his points are worth -2, does that mean if he was to rep some1 they would actually reduce by two points, and for him to "negative rep" some1, would it then actually be positive(following the two -ve makes a +ve)

i know this will be too much for most on a sunday morning, but i was just wondering lol.

Hahaha, thats brilliant :haha:

scot-ish

Member +
i dont think it would work like that, reps are indvidual for that user, so if he was to positive rep someone their reps would increase. just because hes negative doesnt mean it will switch around like a maths equation surely? if so that would be a strange and pretty messed up rep system!

thats what i thought, but some1 with one point can only give one, because the formula will state there rep point( to give out) is a +ve 1, and like mine is +ve 5, but "TheStarletGT" his rep states his rep points to give out are -ve 2, so if he gives out his rep, which is -ve 2, i wonder if the formula will give out the -2 that he has.

sometimes i think into things to much, but logic tells me, the positve he gives out, will actually be a -ve

How exactly does the repping system work. There are some guys on here with thousands of rep points but if they rep you, you don't get thousands of rep. I always wanted to ask but never got around to it :haha:

Johnny_B

Member +
Not completely sure either. I give 5 rep points. I have been repped by 3 people who have no rep points. I would assume if someone has negative points and repped you, you would just get nothing, same as if they are a new/unrepped member

scot-ish

Member +
you always give one point, when you first join, i think your rep is 10, and that means you can give 1, then 100 means you can ive two, think i can give 5 or 6, im not sure.

wonder if a mod can clear it up for me, so i can get on with my days work lol.

corofin12345

Member +
haha.. i think members that have not paid the subscription give ya one rep no matter what points they have.. it come up as blue in the userCP

Texx

Super Moderator
1) For every 365 days since registering, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

2) For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

3)For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

4)How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? = 50

5) How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? = 10

6) How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? = 10

7) How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? = 20

If a user has negative rep, they will have a rep altering power of 0. This means they will still be able to give both positive or negative rep to another user, but it will not alter the rep score of the receiving user.