new brakes

Paddy

Lifer
i need some new front brakes for my glanza. i want slightly uprated brakes and have a max. of £120 to spend. i was thinking standard discs and ebc redstuff or green stuff pads.. anyone else got any ideas. i have been told that greensfuff pads are for cars below 200bhp and redstuff are for above 200bhp. would redstuff pads be to sharp or strong for a glanza. thanks

D3N0

Member +
i have the same problem, my glanza feels so shit when braking specially from hi speeds. like yesterday i must have been doin 140mph in it, but when i cam to braking it felt as if there wasnt any brake at all. it also feels uneven. so what are my options???

Wild

Member +
I've heard bad things about green and red stuff pads. People seem to like mintex on here, cant remember the model number for the life of me. Think its 114* something or other.

Standard disks and uprated pads sounds like a really good idea mate. :)

king_stu

Member +
I'm running green stuff pads. Not had any problems with them at all (other than when they are really cold and being used really softly, like in traffic where they just squeak).

glanov

Fresh Recruit
wat if you save a weeee bit more then get
3G grooved disks and mintex pads ta go with them!!

That wat im running and so far so good!!! :)

GTwayne

Member +
Red stuff are good when warmed up as they're ceramic, don't expect much to happen when they're cold.:eek:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well im not suprised it felt like you werent braking if you where doing 140mph.. and that aint so clever doin that speed neway mate lol.. the mintex 1144 pads are pretty good, but arent a HUGE improvement i dont feel.. best bet for real stopping power would be daves big brake kit !

Spoonz

Member +
well im not suprised it felt like you werent braking if you where doing 140mph.. and that aint so clever doin that speed neway mate lol.. the mintex 1144 pads are pretty good, but arent a HUGE improvement i dont feel.. best bet for real stopping power would be daves big brake kit !

Hes only got ?£120 lol

Adam_Glanza

Member +
oh my bad lol.. well i dno i got 3g discs and 1144 pads, ok they feel a bit better but arent a huge improvement over the stock setup i dont think?

maybe its just my paranoia or something lol