New Car "si_Glanza" Old Glanza,Problems any help?

liam2368

Member +
right first of all go "si's" glanza on sunday drove the car home everything seemed fine, got in and about 4 hours later went back out in the car everything started perfectly,

came to the car yesterday morning and the car would not start at all in the end the battery died due to starting it, so got the car on jump leads this morning and the car would not start for a ages and eventually it spluttered into some sort of life. the car is misfiring, and then only goes to 500rpm with lots of shuddering and shaking, and then the car will only stay at that if my foot is left on the accelerator if not it completely dies on me, theres a distinct smell of petrol too, so im guessing fuel filter will need changing but any ideas

so obviously starter is fine and theres spark there?

any ideas on what do do next?

liam.

riko666

Member +
open the diagnostics port, bridge ports TE1 and E1 with a paperclip, look for the flashes of the Engine Management lights in the dash

You should get a sequence of flashes - first sequence of flashes is separated by 0.5s, then a 2s gap, then sec sequence of flashes (again a 0.5s gap between flashes), then a 4.5s gap

so if you get Flash (0.5s) Flash (0.5s) Flash (0.5s) Flash (0.5s) Flash (2.0s) Flash (0.5s) Flash (4.5s), then that'd be Code 52, and so on

liam2368

Member +
Hi well first of all im going to start with the spark plugs took them out today and they looked like this

the 2nd one doesnt look that good and all of them are pritty thickly coated in black stuff so going to change them tomorrow, any recomendations on where to get replacement spark plugs from?

liam2368

Member +
Hi well first of all im going to start with the spark plugs took them out today and they looked like this

the 2nd one doesnt look that good and all of them are pritty thickly coated in black stuff so going to change them tomorrow, any recomendations on where to get replacement spark plugs from?

Spoonz

Member +
That sounds like a mobalizer problem to be honest. Had the same with mine only i jumped mine and done exactly the same. Turned out to be faulty alarm so got a new one

liam2368

Member +
That sounds like a mobalizer problem to be honest. Had the same with mine only i jumped mine and done exactly the same. Turned out to be faulty alarm so got a new one

wont be a imoobilizer as the car does not have a alarm, got a few things im going to check tomorrow goodjob i took a little time off work but, im going to start with the simple things, as the car started the night before then just wouldnt start in the morning

liam2368

Member +
Right, did the little diagnostic trick and it came up with no error, (it was constantly flashing) also decided to change the spark plugs aswell so went out and purchased some new ones,

the car would not start, was just the same as before, took them back out and most was a bit black and some had petrol on them so i guess they maybe flooded?

checked the fcd and its on setting 7 and all wires are connected up fine

anyway still trying to source the problem took the distributor cap off and rotor arm and found that the middle port on the cap was corroded ill post pictures up now do you think this maybe one of the problems?

any ideas on what else it could be would be much appreciated,

liam

liam2368

Member +
i have got another fuel filter, tried getting the old one off today and it was being a pain in the ass,wouldnt budge at all, so ill give it another shot tomorrow in the light, ill double check the sensors too. thanks :)

gv1.3

Admin
how does the coil pack look where the king lead connects on to it?

Is the fuel pump running?

Is there an RRFPR on the car? if so are all the fuel lines connected okay or maybe leaking?

BE careful if you are smelling petrol

liam2368

Member +
at the last glance the coil pack looks ok, i think the only reason im smelling petrol is because iv tried to start the car a little too much, i think the fuel pump is running whats the easiest way to check?

the cars running a Sard rrfpr all the lines seem ok no leaks or any cracks in the pipes,

would you recommend changing the dizi cap, and the king lead if you look in the pictures doesnt look good at all, maybe ill be lucky and get away with that

gv1.3

Admin
the distributor contacts look okay but the king lead and its connection look a bit worn.. its worth a shot I guess.

Couple of other things the more technical lads might be able to comment on: what about the TPS? would this cause the car to idle so low that it cuts out? also a dodgy MAP sensor or similar?

Have you checked the ECU to make sure there are no exposed wires touching etc?

You could take the fuel pump out and run it direct off a battery to make sure its running.

liam2368

Member +
i was checking the ecu today as i was making sure the fcd was ok

well im puzzled is there anyone in the east yorkshire area that could come and have a look, id pay :) now its started to piss me off a bit.

liam2368

Member +
where abouts is the map sensor?

i have tried resetting the ecu by removing the efi and it was just the same, i think im going to go change the king lead and try and get them bloody bolts off the fuel filter, other than that ill just send it into japtech local to me

morpheus

Member +
where abouts is the map sensor?

i have tried resetting the ecu by removing the efi and it was just the same, i think im going to go change the king lead and try and get them bloody bolts off the fuel filter, other than that ill just send it into japtech local to me

on the driver side [its written pressuer sensor on it]