Didnt no where to put this!

Taken from DTDIRL

Warning..!!!!

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public
car park in the city . As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the
rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home,
it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to
stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the
car Then we received this email yesterday.

WARNING FROM GARDAI
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--
NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk
across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You
start the engine put it into Reverse.

When you look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your
space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle
of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove
that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers
appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your
money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are
now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED .

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors
and just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you
read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and
family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of personal
information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT
want this to fall into the wrong hands.

GTnomez

Member +
Whats having no wiper going to do? You still gotta look out the back window to reverse :homer: lol

if it were to happen how do you think the paper will hold? Would they carry blutack?

He ment that they cant use the wiper to hold the paper like everydoes when they advertise flyers on the front windscreen

Blak_Mamber

Member +
if it were to happen how do you think the paper will hold? Would they carry blutack?

He ment that they cant use the wiper to hold the paper like everydoes when they advertise flyers on the front windscreen

Ahh i see.... just assumed they were like sticky notes or something... didnt think of that.... thanks for clearing that one up :homer:

Lawrence

Member +
I cant see how someone would have the nerve to jump in your car and try and drive off in that short time i think these utube videos and stuff are staged.

Lawrence

Member +
Well yeah but in the time it takes to get out and back in, maybe they go for vunrable targets but i could see emm stealing my car like that lol

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I like how you're discussing how they would get the notice to stick to your window lol.

This looks equally fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZpjTb4XwQg

tbh, if the piece of paper was stuck under my rear window wiper, i would just think it was an advertisement for a club or something...... If it was stuck to my window in the middle (hence me questioning about the 'no rear wiper' thing) then i may get out.

That looks so staged in that vid. How did she hear the cans after like half a foot of pulling away from her space... she would at least have got outta the car park before hearing somethings wrong.....

ChrisGT

Member +
Well yeah but in the time it takes to get out and back in, maybe they go for vunrable targets but i could see emm stealing my car like that lol

I'd back myself to jump in the drivers seat before you can make it back from behind the car! :p

gv1.3

Admin
have to laugh... this was emailed in to the TGTT mailbox this morning with the sender claiming it had happened to someone on the forum that he had read it on.

Its a hoax that has been doing the rounds for ages with no evidence that it has ever happened to anyone. Some sad people write these emails and blast them out to see how widespread they go.

Lawrence

Member +
imagine it was posible and you had a turbo timer and took the key with you, engine was still running and they then jumped in lol