New Car? What to get?

John757

Member +
Just ran into a bit of money. I have about £5000. Im looking for a nippy (8-9 secs to 60mph) thats reliable, decent MPG, decent handing, decent interior and good on insurance. So far the Yaris T Pot fits the bill for that criteria but im unsure of other cars out there with the same criteria. Any ideas guys?

John757

Member +
Ya I removed that just dont want to start anything lol. The Yaris's are a good car are they 1.5 vvti?

I do believe they are. Brother had one for about 3 or 4 years, never had a problem with it. 8.9 secs to 60mph and only insurance group 7. Just want an idea of a few other cars around the same spec (Honda, BMW couldn't care less the make)

goldenvtr

Member +
Eunos :D :
DSC00024.jpg

handles amazingly, goes Ok (mines a 1.8) plenty of potential if need be. and well withing price range

Rick

Trader
Or another thought mate, if it comes within the budget how about an AE86?

That is serious JDM awesomeness.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah buy a GT, they do 0-60MPH in about 8-9 seconds :)

Shit, the handling and interior are out the window, But you can pick one up for about £1K, so thats a £4K saving! :p

Ted

Member +
yeah buy a GT, they do 0-60MPH in about 8-9 seconds :)

Shit, the handling and interior are out the window, But you can pick one up for about £1K, so thats a £4K saving! :p

could always buy a totally overrated civic type r. only kidding!:)

parkiboy

Member +
id go for a golf mate...

I'm not a big fan of german cars to be honest but there comfy, reliable, nippy enough for what you want and arent bad on fuel either!

Id go for the 1.8 20v turbo but ud struggle to see 35mpg out of that, your best bet is gettin a GT TDI and get it remapped if you feel the need to go faster without a big drop in fuel consumption :)