new car

chall

Member +
afternoon people, been a while since was last here but thought id update ya's on my car situation. Last i mentioned was going from the auto Glanza to a S14a, this:

bubye2001.jpg

I was made a rather nice offer for it so took it and found this:

hello2001.jpg

i'm gonna be the 3rd owner and has 66k on the clock with nice service history/receipts. The first owner had it for only 9 months then an old guy bought it early 2000 whom ive just bought it from. The folder still has the original finance agreement from new for £19,500! WOW

Ive managed to source a nice Scorpion cat back and an unknown decat d/pipe and decat so will be sounding well

dsc01488r.jpg

decat.jpg

and with the help from Autosol

zorst.jpg

zorst1.jpg

zorst2.jpg

got her home washed, chamois'd and t-cut'd her to bring the paint back up

DSCF2550Large.jpg

DSCF2554Large.jpg

DSCF2551Large.jpg

DSCF2552Large.jpg

DSCF2553Large.jpg

when i get another chance got some funky Meguirs polish to go on! plus its amazing what wd-40 can do to an engine bay :) shame i dont have before pics tho to see the difference

DSCF2555Large.jpg

and this is where its at
DSCF2558Large.jpg

i then fitted the turbo back exhaust and it sounds quality until driving home last a week ago and i heard a noise... more precise a KNOCK! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5HjGJp5Qgg

so i whipped the car onto ramps and took the cam cover off to reveal what can only be desribed as a dry top end.

DSCF2559Large.jpg

DSCF2567Large.jpg

DSCF2568Large.jpg

DSCF2571Large.jpg

DSCF2563Large.jpg

DSCF2564Large.jpg

it looks like its suffered from blocked spray bars restricting/stopping the oil to the cams and rockers etc. there is quite a bit of wear to the cam lobes and what looks like metal crusted itself to the rockers.

took off the sump pan:

DSCF2581Large.jpg

DSCF2584Large.jpg

and now the removal progress where i'm at

DSCF2585Large.jpg

DSCF2586Large.jpg

DSCF2587Large.jpg

DSCF2588Large.jpg

sourced another engine just need to collect!

AdDaMan

Member +
yer read your thread on sxoc matey.
Very nasty indeed.
Ill be checking my spray bars i tell thee!

Derek

Lifer
Lovely motor, bad luck there. the only thing that lets these cars down is the rear imo. hope you get it sorted.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
never a dull moment eh ian? lol

well at least ur cars always keep u occupied hehe.

nice example of a clean s14a :D keep us posted on the work buddy!!

kon

gt-stu

Member +
bastard! thats gutting pal.youre brother was telling me you thought it was knocking.are you fixing that engine or just getting another?